chapter 2

The soccer ball was blasted into the air with the outside of his foot, with a punt that held so much strength evoking a swing of his hip. Its deceiving trajectory casted a beautiful arc as it spun in mid-air. However it didn't quite go as he perceived since the delivery was a bit off, he figured, and he was fast to declare it another failure had it not been to a nuisance that sprung up out of the blue, perfectly receiving what previously was meant to be a Trivela shot, magnificently altering its path to meet the net; a sight that made it grin widely.

Rin just stared at the display before his eyes, with a mixture of surprise, amazement and annoyance as soon as he heard the blue haired boy's comment,"That wasn't quite where you aimed it to be, was it?" He walked towards the younger.

"Still maintaining that old fashion of yours?" He grumbled, fighting a smile of having seen said nuisance after almost a year and a half of separation. "Stealing people's goals is lukewarm"

"What? It wasn't going to get in anyway." He huffed. "But I have to admit that was beautiful pass, you'd make a great midfielder." He adds, the other scowls in disgust.

"Dumbass. As if I'll settle down for a position as lowly as a mere midfielder."

Yoichi tilted his head in confusion, "Eh? What's wrong with being a midfielder?"

"Everything. I am going to be the second-best striker in the world-"

He interrupted, "-and your brother will be the best. We get it Rin. But what if shit went down and well, I don't know? Change of hearts maybe? You never know." he argued.

"Well, that's just pathetic." Isagi shook his head, and the topic off as he smiled softly.

"It's been a while, Rin"

He tucked his hands in his pockets, a grin plastered on his face. "Thought you'd never show up again." The last time he had seen him was before their family moved away to Saitama, having had their company bankrupt, resulting in them going back to a small house they owned in their hometown.

He snorted, "Nah I'm stuck to you till the day you die." He assured.

They hadn't spoken much since Yoichi was aware that Rin wasn't so fond of words. Instead, they infused all their energy into practice, each taking every opportunity to show off his new skills, with occasional snarky remarks upon seeing the other's mistakes. By the time the sky formed an orange hue in the sky, Yoichi called it off to catch the last train back home. Rin had silently agreed to walk him to the train station, since it was nearby (which in fact wasn't), and they eventually parted ways when the train came, but not before exchanging contact information, since they both were old enough to own a phone.

:Me

my brother's coming back tomorrow

Yoishit:

I knoww!! I was keeping up with his updates too.

He put his phone back on the nightstand. The energy in his texts is draining , he thought.They had indeed kept in touch ever since that day, as they irregularly visited one another since they were their perfect training partners, especially since nobody in their current age had been thrilling to play against, not someone they knew of they were a tad of ' lukewarm ' losers, as he labeled them, or simply didn't view it as seriously as the two did.

The news of his older brother's return had brought so much joy and stir to the younger itoshi, as he was counting the hours for his arrival. An idea came to his mind, he grabbed his phone again.

You can come spend the night over if you want

Three dots appeared on his screen, indicating that the other was typing, but the screen soon went black before he was able to read the message across, turning it on again, he was met with the same sight, and that lasted for the next five minutes. What the fuck is taking him so long, he wondered, until the answer finally came.