Chatpter 20

The program was relaunched, and he could finally breathe after spending so much time reflecting about what Rin had said, he considered for once that he might have been blinded by his rage that such minor details slipped his radar.

The introduction of the neo egoist league had him stirred. It sounded surreal. He naturally picked Germany, since it was the country for which his favorite striker served. And upon meeting kaiser, and learning about the other teams involved, he realized that Sae might—must be in the Spanish team, since they brought Real Madrid.

It made him feel uneasy. They haven't talked for over a month, but unlike when they were countries apart, there was merely a couple of walls separating them.

Despite that, they haven't met until the day of the match, which irked him. Sae did not have it in himself to trespass the fake boundaries; and spar him a visit, from Spain to Germany, albeit requiring little to no physical effort, he started thinking that, maybe that time was going to be the end.

His conclusion was paradoxical to the current scene. He's been averting his eyes multiples times, from Sae's who was staring at him, with his stupid wooden face. Sae felt no shame as his eyes were fixated on his whole being, sending electric waves through his body while so.

Sae could get under his skin with ease, and that irritated him. He got him to feel extremely uncomfortable with barely any effort. He walked up to him, with a displeased expression.

"Stop looking at me like that." he demanded, brows furrowed, arms crossed.

"Long time no see." he said, with a crack of his neck.

"Well, apparently not enough time for you to miss me." He pettily retorted, he only felt its ridiculousness when it was too late to take it back.

Sae, on the other hand, brought his eyebrows together;

"The hell are you talking about? I did—"

Kaiser barged into their warm reunion. He had despised the guy too much, despite spending barely ten days with him.

"if it isn't my best friend." he sneered, flashing one of his sharp, hideous smiles.

It would only make sense if they're friends, he thought. "I should've known, you two sure have a lot in common." he spoke, to which Kaiser laughed mockingly.

"Right, that's what I always tell him, see Sae? Everyone agrees."

"Kaiser, he won't understand you, he's not wearing his earbuds." ness remarked, and with a switch of language, he sneered in Spanish;

"oh, talk about arrogance."

"you're the last person to call anyone that." Sae deadpanned,

"you're not exactly any better Sae." Isagi calmly interjected.

Kaiser and Ness were irritatingly amused by the bickering, and kept implying that Sae would snap at him, for some reason.

"you're dead meat for that one Yoichi" kaiser snorted, taking a couple of steps backwards, as if not to get a hit.

"Right, it'll go viral on the internet."

What drugs were they on? Was the only question that rolled over his head, they said something about that before, were they perhaps on a reality show they weren't aware of?

Sae sparred him a puzzling look then walked away. Kaiser's face fall.

"Wait, that's it? Where's the rage Sae? If I said that you'd threaten to skin me alive?" he exclaimed disapprovingly.