chapter 22

First thing he learned upon regaining consciousness was the fact that he whatever he was sleeping on was not a bed, because he, was sitting, and it was breathing, and talking even.

"You sleep too much for someone who's insomniac." Sae quipped with a hoarse voice. He was busy wiping the dried-out drool in the corner of his mouth with the back of his hands, as he straightened his back. Slithering back a little, Sae's arm fell over his side, freeing him.

He tried not to think that this whole process was watched by Sae who was wide awake, and did not have enough consideration in him to spar him the embarrassment and look away for a second. He could have sworn he spoke in a foreign language, since he could not understand what he said.

"What?" he asked with furrowed forehead, slicking back his disheveled hair with both his hands. Having processed the words, he hastily redressed, "oh, I—well it's actually only hard to fall asleep, but once I do it's like—"

"You pass out." He interrupted him, completing his sentence.

"You didn't have to put it like that..." he mumbled, albeit not completely disagreeing with the assertion.

He then grew perplexed on how Sae knew such thing. "Wait... how—do you know? That I'm insomniac?"

"You've said it before, in those clips—"

"You actually watched them?" he asked, startled, "why tell me now? I'm so embarrassed." he complained with a pained expression.

"They're okay." he said shrugged dismissingly.

"That wasn't helpful." Isagi stated, cringing internally at the memory.

"No one to blame but yourself, Yoichi." he sneered, earning a disappointed stare. Isagi stood up to leave, slipping his phone inside his pocket.

His wrist was cuffed as soon as he touched the doorknob. Taken aback, he turned around. The fact that his face was inches away from Sae's had the blood rush into his cheeks. Sae didn't even flinch, as he blankly stared at him. He retracted his head a bit.

"Let's talk when you're done training today." he finally said.

"O—kay." He hesitantly nodded, frightened by the fact that Sae was the one offering they talk.

He had a bad feeling about it. He started wondering if it was indeed the end this time, if Sae was so done that, he couldn't postpone their breakup—No, that can't be right, can it?

"Don't think too much. I'll do it for you this time, you go and focus on your training."

If that was his idea of reassurance, then it had failed to bring him any sort of that. He wished for some psychic abilities to unravel whatever Sae had in his mind.

With his hair half dry, just like the day before, a damp towel around his neck, he discretely followed Sae's lead to wherever he was taking him in the Spain's building. He counted steps during the walk to prevent himself from breaking down.

He suggested they talk in his room, since the stars had rooms for themselves, with showers and TVs. Kaiser was only showering in the public one to piss everyone off with his existence.

The room was disturbingly plain. It contained nothing that could distract him from excessively thinking about the possible outcomes of the conversation, that weren't exactly pleasant.

He watched as Sae flumped on his bed, near the head pillows. They had played against each other just sometimes now. It was fun, until it wasn't, there and then.

Isagi, growing even more distressed by the quietness of the red head, walked up to the bed before his knees give out, sitting in the opposite end, leaning a bit of his weight on the bed frame. He stared at his fidgeting fingers on top of his bent knee, the other was dangling from the bed.