Chapter Eighteen

Drew stomped closer to the table;I don't think I've ever seen her this pissed. She looked like a completely different person.

"Drew-" I began

"Well if it isn't Mrs. Amanté." Giselle teased

Without hesitation, Drew pulled her hand back and delivered a tightly closed fist to Giselle's face. Before I could react, Drew grabbed a steak knife and stabbed at me. I immediately put my hands up in defense. With Giselle screaming and my right hand in pain, Drew wasted no time in leaving the restaurant. She managed to dodge Giselle's men and without thinking, I shouted at my men to protect Drew.

She managed to make it out and then I heard the skidding of tires from outside. I looked over to see that Giselle's face was gushing with blood. I wasn't sure if her nose was broken or not but I could tell she was in pain.

I saw blood in front of me and glanced down at my hand. The tip of the knife had penetrated about half an inch and created an open wound into my palm. Everything happened so fast and for the first time, I didn't know what to do. My heart was beating fast, my head was spinning and I remained still.

Giselle's men rushing over to provide aid to her snapped me out of my trance. I slid out of the booth and reached into my pocket for my phone. I called Giorgio even though it was late.

"Ho bisogno del tuo aiuto." (I need your help.)

"Dove sei?" (Where are you?)

I gave quick details of the location and the need for more men but that was it. I knew Giselle was pissed and she had men with guns. I wanted to be sure if something was going to happen, we would be prepared.

It was important that my brother stayed close. I didn't need him next door, but out of all of my family, I needed to be close to him. I hadn't needed any serious help since we went legit so I never bothered him, but he was my brother. Because of the proximity, Giorgio was here within twenty minutes.

When Giorgio arrived, he saw the blood and saw Giselle.

"Che è successo?" Giorgio asked (What happened?)

I stepped to the side and told him everything. He was just as shocked as I was about Drew.

"You should've brought me with you." He scolded

"I know but-"

"Giovanni," he warned, "your wife just tried to kill you. You're smart and you're my brother but there is something about Giancarlo that makes you so fucking stupid."

"I was just trying to be respectful."

"By disrespecting your wife?"

"I didn't know that she would be here."

"The lying alone would've sent Drew over the edge."

"So it's my fault she stabbed me?" I asked offended

"I didn't say that. I'm not saying she was right, but for all you knew this could've been a setup." He reasoned

"What do I do?"

"First, let's get that knife out of your hand. Then I'll need to figure out what we're doing with witnesses. Then I want you to stay at my place for the night. You two should spend some time apart."