chapter 13; returned.

it was officially wednesday, and richie couldn't get his mind off of the text he had gotten from wentworth two days ago. he thought about it all day, not talking, not focusing, nothing but thinking and deciding.

richie was zoned out into the floor and kevin entered again he tilted his head, snapping in richie's face.

"yo, what's going on with you today?" kevin asked. richie jumped. "you haven't spoken a word all day."

richie shrugged. "just lost in thought. thots like your grandma."

"shut up, dude," kevin sighed. "the shift's over, by the way. if you see that guy again from yesterday then text me."

"oh, thanks, kev," richie chuckled.

"yep. now go, get outta he'a!" kevin joked.

richie left the pharmacy with an awful feel in his gut. he knew this was an awful idea. but the text seemed genuine.

richie took a deep breath, staring up at the front door. he knocked on it loudly, waiting anxiously.

soon, the door opened to a man, who's face grew shocked.

"richie?" he asked. "oh.. i didn't think you'd read the text."

"yeah, well, i'm only back because i'm fourteen and broke, so," richie admitted, walking through the door. wentworth nodded slowly.

"just.. uh.." he mumbled. richie glanced at his father and then headed towards the living room, immediately regretting it.

"richard," the woman on the couch unkindly greeted.

"hi.. maggie," he uttered.

"you fucking ran away for a week? you stupid fucking faggot!" she screamed, standing.

"you don't want me here! why do you care so much if you don't want me here?!" he yelled back, flinging his arms everywhere.

"do you know what that says about us?! this isn't about you! quit fucking EVERYTHING up for us, cunt!" she screamed, slapping him across the face.

"you're a slutty, awful, abusive mother is what that says about you. it is NOT my fault for not returning," richie defended. wentworth stood dormant.

maggue grabbed richie's shirt and pulled him to her face. "what'd you say to me, little boy?"

"you're a slut!" he screamed. she punched him in the cheek three times and began walking to a door while dragging him behind.

she opened it and shoved richie down the stairs of the basement. "and you're not comin' out!"

"wait!"

"buh-byee!"

the door slammed and richie was frozen in his position. he wanted to cry. richie felt around for his glasses, put them on, and had never been happier that he was so smart as to leave his phone in his pocket.

he pulled it out and froze, unsure of what to do. who to text. who to call. when to use the phone. it was only at twelve percent.

richie formed a plan. he turned on low power mode, tucked his phone back in his pocket, and decided on trying to call eddie to help him out once his parents left for work.

richie sighed, standing wobbly and walking to the corner behind the staircase. he grabbed the large bag that was hidden by a tarp, dragging the bag out from the spot. he grabbed out a bag of doritos and ate them, listening to music on a disc.

morning arose once again, and richie had no clue what time he had fallen asleep, but he had. richie stopped the music and grabbed his phone to check the time. it was at two percent, and richie panicked. he turned it on and quickly messaged eddie since at around this time, his parents were gone.