chapter 30; twisted up.

"alright," stanley sighed, walking over to his bed, which was contained of his two friends. richie lied like a starfish and stared at the ceiling, and beverly sat next to him, looking up and stanley.

the two knocked the energy out of richie, who avoided being touched by or touching them. after thirty minutes, richie was throwing up in the bathroom, beverly by his side and stanley gone, being uncomfortable around throw up.

and at this, richie was lying on stanley's floor, beverly sitting next to him and stan pacing the room.

"how much did you drink?" asked stan.

"maybe.. a bottle and a half?" richie suggested. beverly snapped her head over to him.

"rich.. that's terrible," beverly said, rubbing his hand. richie shrugged, pulling his hand away from her. she tilted her head.

"why would you do that?" asked stan.

"i wanted an escape," richie uttered, staring at the ceiling.

"but you don't go off drinking and then go under a bridge, dude!" stanley shouted slightly.

"i know i know," he sighed.

"what happened?" beverly asked softly. richie sucked in a breath.

"nothing! it's all good now! let's just.. do something else.." richie said. bev and stan exchanged looks and both nodded.

"what should we do?" stanley asked, sitting with them.

"anyone up for some twister?" beverly asked. richie sucked in a breath.

"you up for it, rich?" stanley asked.

"uh, sure!" richie chanted. it couldn't be too bad.

"yes!" beverly chanted.

beverly and stanley raced to grab the game, giving richie time to take deep breaths.

beverly brought the box back in, stanley tackling her to the ground. they both laughed hard and beverly threw the box at richie.

"uh-?" richie fake chuckled, grabbing it.

"TAKE IT, GUARD IT!" she yelped, laughing her ass off. richie nodded smoothly and stared at it.

"you sure you don't wanna play a bird game, stanny?" richie asked. stanley glared up at him.

"what was that you said earlier, bev? beep beep?" stanley asked.

"get off o' me would ya?! then i'd maybe tell you!" she laughed. stanley chuckled and crawled off of beverly, and she sat up.

"beep beep-?" richie asked, squinting his eyes.

"it's like a way of getting someone to shut up, but it's a nicer way of saying it. like, beep beep as in a car honking. you get someone moving and out of the way? i dunno, shower thoughts," she explained.

"reasonable," stanley said. richie shrugged.

"okaaay, let's play," beverly said, grabbing the things out of the box. "wanna take turns being the spinny-person thing?"

"i'll go first," richie said immediately.

"alrighty," said beverly, tossing the spinner to him. "get up, stan."

"i am, jeez," he sighed.

"don't act like you don't wanna play!"

"i do i do, you're just bossy," he chuckled.

"how dare you?! me? bossy? never!" she said.

"okay, dipshits, let's gooo," richie whined.

beverly and stanley played the first round, laughing their asses off as they tangled in every direction their non-existent flexibility could manage. richie tried to laugh. it was funny. so he wanted to laugh. but he physically couldn't. it physically hurt to smile, to laugh. and that sucked.