chapter 34; summer depression.

"kevin!" richie cheered, walking quickly to get behind the counter. kevin barely smiled and hugged richie the second he came up to him.

"hey," kevin mumbled. richie pulled away.

"you okay?"

"oh yeah, how are you?"

"i'm doing good. uh- youu look like a mess."

"well thanks you're not to flattering to the eye yourself," kevin snarked. richie's eyes rolled.

"thanks a lot. but i meant to say, you look sick. are you sick?"

"i'm not sick, richie."

"jeez- no need to get all upset."

"shut up," kevin grumbled and walked back to his office. it felt great being back there instead of at the cash register.

richie watched him walk back with a strained expression. he let out a breath.

"the fuck happened to him?"

- FRIDAY -

once 12:00 AM hit, richie waited for kevin to come out and talk. he waited for five minutes. nothing.

richie sighed and walked back to kevin's office, who sat in a ball in his chair, staring at the floor. richie walked over to him to see his face, making kevin jump.

"jesus! warning first please.."

"sorry. you sure you're okay?" richie asked.

"yeah i'm fine why."

"kev, this isn't like you."

"maybe you've just forgetting me or something because i'm fine."

"kevin."

"what the hell do you want?!"

richie flinched. "what's your deal, dude? what's going on with you?"

"NOTHING."

"fuck no, you're not fucking screaming at me and then trying to say nothing's wrong."

"can you just leave me the hell alone, dude?"

"no, i can't. i wanna know what's up."

"the fucking roof."

"kevin please."

"not. right. now."

kevin stood up and richie did so as well, staring at the back of his head.

"ke-"

kevin yelped and grabbed his stomach. "fucking- FUCKER!" he punched the wall and leaned against it, making richie quickly rush to him.

"KEVIN, CHILL!" richie yelped. "what's wrong?! what happened?!"

"NOTHING."

"kevin i swear to go-"

"SHUT. UP."

kevin shoved richie away and limped out of the pharmacy. richie stared at his back with tears in his eyes.

"bitch.."

once kevin was home he immediately collapsed in his room, breaking into sobs and painfully yelping, holding his throbbing stomach. his head pounded and throat hurt, but he couldn't stop crying.

luckily his father was gone, out at some bar or some shit.

kevin covered his face with his violently shaking hands, rocking and trembling to try and stop the ache in his entire body.