3

NEXT MORNING

I was awaken by a phone call from the front desk. I looked at the clock on the dresser and it was 11:02 AM. "Good morning, Ms. Jackson. There is a gentleman here named Michael wanting to see you. Do we have permission to give him your room number?"

I was still half way sleep. "Yes, please send him up."

"Right away Ms. Jackson." I checked my phone and Michael called me like three times and sent 3 text messages. I just rolled back over waiting on him to come up.

*Michael POV*

"She said you may come up to see her. Here is her room info." I asked her, "Does she have a card on file? Has she paid anything yet?" Front desk agent kindly said, "Yes, we have a card but no charges have been made, only a $50 hold for incidentals."

"Here use this card." I handed her my platinum black card. "Take that off. Charge it for whatever she needs until she leaves."

"Yes sir, right away!" I headed up to the elevator straight for her room. My heart was racing because I never thought she would actually call me let alone actually need me. I knew the best thing to do right now was to be here for her no matter what.

I hear a knock at the door and sluggishly got up. Already knowing who it was, I opened it while my eyes were puffy and hair was all over the place from sleeping on it and not caring at all. As soon as I see Michael, I instantly start crying and fall into his chest.

He pulled me in shutting the door

He pulled me in shutting the door. I began to speak while crying and slurring my words. "This what you wanted right? Huh? You happy now?"

"No, no, no not at all. Please tell me what's going on. What happened?"

He sat us down on the bed, and he went to get Kleenex for me from the bathroom around the corner. He came back sitting on the bed right next me handing me the box of Kleenex.

I pulled from it while laying my head on his shoulder wiping my tears. "Wilson and I had a huge fight and I left. I walked out. I was so mad because him and his fucking mother ugh! He lets her run everything! Talking about she gone stay with us for a few days. I said no the fuck she not. This apartment barely big enough for us like are you kidding me?? So, I snapped and he hasn't even tried texting or calling me. Like me and his mom were never best friends, but she thinks her sons owe her or some shit. It's just too much."

Michael was just comforting me and letting me vent, letting it all out. "Have you tried calling him? I understand your frustration, but you guys are engaged, about to get married. Don't run from your problems like this."

I lifted my head up on off his shoulder looking at him, "NO because he should be calling me Michael! Like why the fuck does he let this lady manipulate him like this? I'm not about to sit up and compete with somebody mama. I just can't, but I thought he loved me. It's like he don't even care where I am right now."