C⁴

____________
Obsidian's pov.
__________________

"I'll be at the front desk Dr Lee" Samantha said making me nod as she closed my office door behind her. I sighed and contemplated on whether or not I should take my mask off but the chances of someone walking in are too high. After checking on my schedule for the week and making a few adjustments, I went online to search for an apartment.

Obviously, I won't be living there full time, but I think it's time I moved my stuff out of Devon's apartment. I completely took over his guest bedroom and I don't want him to feel as though I'm using him. What he said about me being emotionally unavailable is true but it's not because I don't want to try, it's because I don't feel like I've ever had a reason to.

Don't get me wrong though, he is a great friend but with how I grew up and the environment I'm in right now, emotions aren't something you go around showing to anyone. I know I care about him just slightly less than I care about Raven but I guess it takes more that actions to show that to someone.

"Dr Lee" I heard Samantha say from the other side of the door before she walked in five seconds later
"It's time for your rounds and then Dr Boston has a surgery in 45 minutes"

I nodded my head before we both left my office to do my rounds and make adjustments to my patients who were improving in health.

If you're in a gang or in a mafia, your boss has to sign a contract with us stating that no blood shall be shed on our premises. It doesn't matter if you're placed in a room with your enemy, no blood shall be shed and if our golden rule is broken, no one from that mafia shall be treated here.

Even cops can't arrest our patients nor can they legally enter the hospital grounds and if they do, we will assume it is an attack against us or our patients then retaliate.
Had to bribe and threaten a few judges to make that hospital law known world wide.

A street war between cops and people who are trained in using guns with a mountain load of men ready to have their backs never ends well so, in the past 4 years this hospital has been running, they had yet to step foot on our grounds, unless they're undercover.

"Do you want me to come with you Dr Lee?" Samantha asked after we finished our rounds

"If you want to" I signed making her nod and follow me to the balcony above the operating room to watch the surgery. The balcony may not be common in most hospitals but I added it built in to my hospital so I could secretly spy on my employees.

The doctors that work here have had to go through physical training and self defense classes when they were accepted. None of them questioned why because they knew what type of people we will be treating and none of them know that I own the hospital, I'm just a mute doctor to all of them.

"Dr Lee, I didn't think you'd join us" Dr Derrick said making me nod my head and take a seat with Samantha next to me
"I was wondering-"

"Dr Derrick, please" Dr Kennedy said with a sigh

"What would happen in a life or death situation where quick decisions are to be made and Miss Samantha here isn't around?" he asked making me roll my eyes and watch Dr Boston walk into the operating room

"She has her own staff that are all perfectly capable of understanding sign language, they actually had to learn it in order to work under her. She's more than capable of operating under pressure or in, as you said, life or death situations" Dr Sheryl said and I would have acknowledged her or thanked her for coming to my defense, but she's worse than Dr Derrick, cause unlike him, she says all this crap behind my back