C¹⁷

___________
Edward's pov.
_________________

We got out of her way and watched her work from the sidelines, supporting her in silence. Dr Lee is who Obsidian wants to be and I'll be damned if I ever tell anyone about something she's been trying for so long to keep separate from her other life.

I'll be honest, when I bumped into 'Dr Lee' at the hospital a few months back, for a split second, I genuinely thought she was Obsidian but I brushed it off because it didn't make sense in my head but look at where we are now.

My hand drifted toward Vanni's and I held it tightly as we watched our girl work. I felt his fingers brush the back of my hand making me feel at ease as he placed his head on my shoulder. I don't know why, but my brain immediately went to a couple of nights back.

/ // ///
We had just finished our shift an hour back and I decided to take a shower due to how sticky I felt. I zoned out while under the water and thought about everything I've done in my life up to that point. 34 with no kids, still not married and had yet to truly love someone before I met Vanni, I felt as though I accomplished nothing because honestly, what or who have I been working so hard for when I had no one to begin with.

Now that I have Obsidian, I feel I need to be there for them both, express myself more, let them be able to read me more and never have to second guess my true intentions, but at least he same time, I feel like I don't need to try so hard. I stood there for what felt like forever until Vanni knocked on the door and asked if I was okay.

"Sorry I took so long" I said walking out of the bathroom to find him on my bed in only boxers. I didn't hear his response as I fetched my lotion which made me turn to look at him only to feel flustered at the way he was looking at me.

Every muscle in my body was telling me to cover myself but those same muscles wouldn't assist my arms in doing so. I stood there in nothing but a towel that felt loose around my waist while his eyes took me in

"Want a massage?"

"What? Uh, yeah" I said making him nod and remover the sheets from my bed. He took my lotion as I got onto the bed but before I could lay down on my stomach he undid my towel
"What a-"

"If you're uncomfortable, know that you'll still be covered" he said which was true cause the towel was still on me. I laid my head on my pillow and felt my eyes close as his hands moved all over my body.

It felt good being touch like this. I felt like I could melt under his big hands as he massaged all over my tense body. I felt my face warm up as his hands moved lower on my back but I didn't say anything, I wanted to see how far he'd go, I wanted to know how far I'd let him go. I relaxed my body when I felt the towel being removed, I said nothing when he stopped his movements then chuckled when both his hands squeezed my ass

"I've been wanting to do that for a while now" he said but I didn't respond and only smiled. I felt him kissing down my back which made my dick stir. It was when he started lightly bitting after every kiss that my dick became painfully hard.

"Oh"

"Don't stop on my account" I opened my eyes and saw Obsidian standing at the door watching us

"We-I was giving him a massage" Vanni said but my body had tensed up at what she just saw. I became worried at what she would think of us because I've heard of and seen how people reacted and treat other people who love people of the same gender

"Okay, as I've said Vanni, don't stop on my account" she said making my dick twitch because it's the first time she used the name I call him by
I don't know why it twitched, so don't ask.