Chapter 15

Audrey's POV

              I laughed scrolling through the several messages my cousins had going on in our family chat. We were trying to make a checklist of all the things we needed to bring over to the beach house this weekend. Me and Saniyah planned to go to the grocery store tomorrow for the food so I thought we would be focused on that but it was the opposite. Brenden was too focused on us having drunk Karaoke like we do at all our get togethers, Saniyah was focusing on securing hookahs and Trae was at the liquor store buying bottles. A complete mess.

Before I could finish reading the messages, Brenden was calling me.

"Hello? Brenden I'm at work."

"Add me back to the chat since motherfuckin' Trae and Ya wanna act brand new. I'm finna cuss they ass out."

I snorted. "Okay."

I disconnected the call to read the newest messages.

Brenden:
Just know I'm putting on a WHOLE performance for Heated so y'all better learn the mf words.

Saniyah:
His aluminum foil ass outfit finally came in yall. Smh.

Brenden:
THAT CHEAP SPANDEX SHE LOOK A MESS!

Travon:
I have no idea wtf yall talkin bout. But what bottles y'all want?

Saniyah:
Henny ofc.

Brenden:
D'usse cuz this rich bitch energy. Like Meg say yall little hoes still drinking that Hennessy.

Travon:
Well rich bitch must be finna spot me some cash.

Brenden has left the chat

Saniyah:
LMFAO HE ANNOYING!!

Travon:
Don't even add his ass back in. Tired of him blowing my shit.

Me:
Brenden called me yall. I gotta add him back in lol

Audrey added Brenden to the chat

Brenden:
YUH HOES. YA AIN KNOW NAN

I shook my head and closed out of the thread. Under that message group I had a few messages from Maleah and one from Elijah asking for me to register for some shoes on the Nike app. Underneath those I saw Jonah's name and the weird message he sent me Sunday night.

Jonah:
Don't come up to my room anymore. I'll explain later.

That was four days ago and his "explanation" that was supposed to come later never came. To think of it I have hardly seen him around since Tim came back yesterday. Those two have been walking around the lobby with a purpose when we do see them and they hardly ever stop to talk to anyone.

Locking my phone and stuffing it in my pant's pocket, I made my way to the laundry room.

As soon as I walked in both Lamar and Pebbles stood on opposite sides of the room stopped whispering and snapped their necks in my direction. I raised my eyebrow and looked between the two as Pebbles shook her head and went back to folding towels.

"Hey y'all." I cross my arms over my chest.

"What's up, Audrey?" Lamar spoke up first but Pebbles wouldn't face me.

"You tell me. What y'all doing?"

Lamar shrugs. "Tryna talk ghetto over there out from wanting to fight Trina for no reason."