Chapter 21

Audrey's POV

             "I am sorry about Elijah. He's just mad about me taking his game and I think being rude to you was a way to get back at me."

Dinner was great, even if it was just the three of us and Jonah. After Elijah's rude remark we simply continued on and allow Elijah to have his tantrum for the rest of the night for all I care. Now Jonah was helping me clean the kitchen as Elyse and Maleah took showers and prepared for bed.

"You don't have to apologize. I get it. I'm the exact same way when it comes to my sister." Jonah says while placing the plates in the dishwasher.

I raised my eyebrow. "Really?" He nods.

"Nobody is ever good enough for her. At least in my eyes." He says while leaning his hip against the counter. "Thankfully she's too busy running around after our father anyway." He smiles in triumph.

I snort. "That's what you think."

I close up the dishwasher and pressed the start cycle button noticing Jonah was tense. I furrowed my eyebrows as he cross his arms over his chest.

"What do you mean?"

"Nobody is ever too busy for a little rubbing and touching." I joke, giggling to myself. Jonah remained tense which cause me to clear my throat. "I'm just saying that it could be possible that your sister is dating and decided to keep it from you because of how you can be. I would know." I scoff.

Although he was much younger, Elijah was hesitant towards Tobias too. Mainly because Tobias and Nolan were friends and everybody knew that Nolan wasn't going for any of his friends hooking up with his sister. Then when Elijah did finally accept Tobias being around is when our relationship turned to the worst.

Jonah looks down. "I don't understand." I placed my hand on my hip.

"Do you really not understand or you don't want to accept the truth?" I paused. "Are you telling me that you really believe that your sister hasn't been seeing anyone her whole life?"

"Well...not her whole life but...maybe."

I laugh. "Aw you're too cute. Protective brother might actually be cute on you." I poke his cheek teasingly. "I can only imagine how you'll be when you have daughters."

Jonah's face morph into horror and I nearly had a aneurysm trying to hold back my snicker.

"Hey Jonah," Elyse approached the kitchen in her pajamas, gaining both our attention. "Next Thursday is the last day of school and my school does this teacher and parents versus students kick ball game. Do you think you can come?"

I gawked. "You told me they weren't doing that this year, Lyse."

She shrugs. "I knew you would have to work so I didn't want you to worry about it." She says while smiling softly. I frowned.

"I'll tell you what, of course I'll be there and I'll even make sure your sister is there too." Jonah grins making Elyse smile widen.

I glared over at Jonah. And how are you gonna do that? My eyes said but he only blew me a kiss and then turn to high five Elyse. She giggles before bidding us goodnight and leaving. One dinner together and they're best buds.

Jonah was smiling to hisself as he wiped the counter next to him.

"I do have to work, you know. That game is a midday thing and Maleah's graduation is the next day."

Jonah smirks as he sashays over to me. Literally moving like he just won the lottery. I fought smiling at his ridiculous movements as he wraps his arms around my waist and pull me into him.