Chapter 28

Jonah's POV

"Welcome to our humble abode for the next few days." I grin swinging the front door open to our rental.

I watched with pride as Audrey, Maleah and the twins walked in practically gawking. I had reserved a beautiful villa right off a Disney Resort that comes with a screen in pool, a movie theater and a game room. The opening space was bright with floor to ceiling windows and the most updated appliances. I even caught Tim jaw dropping a little bit.

"This is awesome!" Elyse exclaims as she jogs towards the back door with Elijah.

"Sis we got a pool with a diving board!" Elijah shouts with utter excitement.

I turn towards Audrey as she knits her eyebrows together and walks past me to follow the twins out the back door. Something has been off after her talk with Hannah since she didn't say a word to me for the remainder of the drive. I figured something was wrong when she decided to sit with Maleah instead of me. I just hope Hannah didn't actually say something to purposely piss her off.

Hannah likes to do that with people for some odd reason. She's been like that since we were little. As if she gets a kick out of getting a reaction out of someone by knowing she could get under their skin. Our mom used to joke and say that maybe she should be a lawyer because she could make even the Pope angry.

"Can I talk to you?" I reach for Hannah's arm and pull her into the nearest room which happens to be laundry.

"What–why are you dragging me in here?" She frowns.

"What did you say to Audrey?"

"Are you serious?" She deadpans. "You were sitting right behind us and didn't hear a thing?"

"No." I spat. "I was actually talking to Tim about him leaving Miami."

Her eyebrows shoots up. "Tim wants to go back home?" I nod regretfully. "Did he say why?"

"Something about this new girl he is seeing. Can we focus?" I huff. "Audrey isn't speaking to me. What could you possibly have said to her?"

"Relax. I was testing her and surprisingly she passed with flying colors." She grins mischievously, "I like her! I like her for you, she's headstrong, fierce and honest. She's stubborn–sure–but you can tell she doesn't take crap from anyone. I basically threatened her and she didn't flinch."

"You did what?"

She waves me off. "I told her that Uncle William is about to place a warrant for her arrest which is a total lie and I think she caught my bluff."

"Hannah." I sigh running a hand through my hair. "Audrey has enough going on in her life, she doesn't need you testing her integrity like some game show. I trusted you as my sister to be nice to her because I really like her, but if you're just going to cause trouble then you need to go."

"I'm just looking out for you. I mean to be fair your last relationship needed to be tested a few times."

"Hannah." I glared.

She sighs. "Okay, I'll apologize to her." She says throwing her hands up. "Only because I actually like her and I think she's perfect for you."