Chapter 7

Pov Azra

I had barely slept all night, I kept thinking about what happened between Riaz and me, he wouldn't let go of my hand and even less of my eyes, every moment, keeping control became more difficult.

My cheeks heated as I thought about the strange way he had stared at me and what if I had finally managed to find my way into his heart? At that thought alone, mine jiggled in my chest.

Ya Rabb! Only you know everything. But yet the next second he backed away as if disgusted with me, that's when I was lost, I did nothing to him.

" Azra, are you awake?" Amina asked me.

Unlike me, my best friend slept soundly.

" I didn't succeed," I replied.

" Didn't I? It doesn't matter, My mom makes you a good breakfast to boost you up for the day," she says radiantly

She gets up to clean herself up, but I give her a big smack before protecting myself with the blanket.

" Azra, you're not possible in the morning," she said, half exasperated, half amused.

" I love you too," I replied.

I heard the door of the room close, and took the initiative to change, not having slept, I already washed.

I took a pair of loose trousers and a turquoise tunic, put my dupatta around my neck and went down to the kitchen.

" Good morning my darling" greets me Mr. Siddiqui

I smack Amina's mother, who unlike her daughter was not averse to touching.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask her as I sit down on the dining table

"With Riaz's dad snoring next door?" Wonderfully, she exclaims, laughing

I smile, they must have been married for at least thirty years so she must be used to it.

"I hope Riaz doesn't snore," my mind blows
But what do you care, are you the one who's going to have to sleep next to her even?

"No," I replied, looking at my plate.

Mrs Siddiqui suddenly turned around and questioned me with her eyes, I smiled innocently.

"I was in my thoughts, thinking about the raspberries and strawberries, why they both ended in berries," I had lied to her.

I didn't know how to lie, really, why I always managed to be even more bizarre.

"Azra, it's already been decided, so why do you keep giving yourself a headache in the morning, come and eat pancakes," she said with her sweet voice

My eyes lit up, there were sweet and savoury pancakes, what a choice, I also noticed that the broken glass from yesterday had been cleaned up.

I was the one who had broken it and I let him do all the work.

I heard Riaz and Amina coming from behind, greeting their mother in turn.

" You waited for me, what a miracle," said Amina as she sat down beside me.

" I'm still waiting for you, it's just that sometimes I'm very hungry," I told her.

It's true, I always waited for her after my friend was a slow eater, I'm fine I'd say.

"Bismillah" I said quickly

I was ready to take my first bite of pancake when I saw Riaz sitting across from me.

" Hi mosquito," he said simply before attacking his plate.

Okay, he was acting normal, maybe I overdid the scene last night, I'll try to act as normal.