Chapter 10

Pov Azra

I was looking around the wedding hall, of course eating while my best friend was being congratulated.

It was Aliya and Fares' wedding but I felt like it was hers, so many people came to congratulate her, I'm sure my aunt Nafsa was jealous of Amina, she was trying to steal the attention from her beloved daughter.

"Are you sure it's not your wedding?" I'm teasing.

My best friend sighed before putting her head on my shoulder and snatching a pakora from my hand. I'll let it go, I've got plenty on the side.

"I'm sick of it Azraaaaa! This is at least the twentieth person to come and congratulate me, can you believe it? Why did my parents announce my engagement yesterday to the whole family?" She said in despair

Her complaints made me laugh, for once I was the one laughing at her suffering.

"Why?" She said, shaking me harder

"StOp...I...Am..EAting" I tell her as I try to chew my food

Ellz stops and rests her head on my shoulder, we were both silent.

"We look good today!" she exclaims

I looked at our reflections, it's true we were, I was wearing a pink lehenga choli with a dupatta of the same colour and Amina a traditional turquoise green dress with gold patterns.

" Zafir wouldn't let me out of the room because he was so jealous," she said

"Is he already jealous like that? I'm waiting to hear more," I tell her.

She nods and all at once, she stares at the back of the room.

" I'm going to dislocate their mouths," my best friend spat angrily.

What was wrong with her? I saw her angrily walking towards Zafir, he was surrounded by girls, I understood the situation better, she said something or rather screamed something, I couldn't hear but the dozens of girls who were present quickly ran away. Only Zafir was left, who was waving to me for help. Too late Amina had already grabbed him by his shirt and led him to who knows where.

I laughed, poor guy, he was going to get taken apart just because he was handsome. I suddenly felt a presence too close to me, and turned quickly away.

"they are cute" he exclaimed

I looked at Hamid, Aunt Nafsa's eldest son, a real playboy, with very little respect for women, he got Tiara, his current wife, pregnant when she was 16, he tried not to take responsibility and rejected her but fortunately Tiara's parents found out about the situation and came to my aunt's house to tell her about it, so as not to sully her reputation, Aunt Nafsa forced Hamid to marry Tiara, their son is now 7 years old and they have a second child of 1 year.

"Yeah" I answered very coldly

I didn't like him even though he was married, the whole family knew that he kept cheating on his wife, who is dying, poor thing. He took advantage of it even more, he disgusted me even more than I knew he was making a pass at me, as if I was going to fall into his perverted arms.

" You are even more beautiful today!" he exclaimed.

He ogled me from head to toe, making me shiver with disgust, I hid my body by pulling on my dupatta. I wanted to leave but he grabbed my hand violently.

" Let me go," Hamid is getting on my nerves.

"I don't understand why you're getting upset Azra? I came to talk to you and you ignore me," he said.