Chapter 8

Pov Azra

Amina and I quickly go downstairs after hearing her mother screaming, what happened to her.

As we reach the entrance I see that Riaz is trying to strangle a boy hiding behind his mother.

"Riaz stop bro, I came after 8 hours of flying" laughs the boy loudly

"And answering in 8 hours of flight, you know how to do that, don't you?# asked the grumpy boy angrily

He grabbed him by the collar, giving him what you might call a "gentle slap".

"Bro stop, I'm sorry, I wanted to surprise you," said his friend laughing

He finally stopped and they looked at us, I was amused by the situation, I finally recognized the person, it was Zafir, Riaz' best friend.

I walk towards them but Amina doesn't follow me, she seems a bit confused and tense.

" Are you alright Amina?" I ask her in a whisper.

She was staring at Zafir, a bit strangely, but he was never mean to her.

"Hi!" said Zafir, a little embarrassed by the look on Amina's face

I nudged my friend to wake her up from her trance-like state and greeted Zafir.

"Stop looking at him like a ghost, you'll end up scaring him," I said, laughing.

"ah'..yes..sorry, it's just.. I didn't expect to see him," she says, confused.

I guess I was expecting it, well it happens that sometimes it's Amina who acts strangely, not me, a rare case, I tell you.

" Come on, we're going to be late for school," she said, pulling me towards the exit in a hurry.

I try to ask Amina about her strange behaviour earlier but she ignores me.

"I'll leave you here, I've got English class," she says to me before running off

She doesn't even give me time to answer as she runs off, no doubt about it, she is anything but normal this morning.
I check my timetable, I've got maths, I sigh, it's going to get worse or not. In short, if I skipped my mother was going to hit me with a cane, a Pakistani mother is no joke

I sat down in my usual place, at the back, and the teacher had just settled down and handed out exercise sheets to be finished before the hour, tadam, it was noted.

I heard my phone vibrate and discreetly took it out of my pocket.

"You called me, darling, I couldn't answer, nothing serious?" I read the message from my mother.

If I told her what had happened, she would feel guilty, but there was no need for that, I replied that nothing serious had happened.

"Let's have dinner for three tonight, dad will prepare his speciality, to make up for our absence 🥺"

I was happy with the news, it had been a month since we had eaten dinner together.

I turned off my phone and began to do my exercises, suspiciously, it was simple, even very simple.

I heard a group of students laughing in the distance.

" Apparently Mr Joe is getting married soon, maybe that's why he was in such a good mood." said the girl next to me

Their friends just laugh loudly.

I was looking at Mr Joe, he was in a good mood these days, no surprise check, no detention time, but he was second in the podium in the field of course after Mr Krach.