Chapter 11: Disappearance

July 2nd, 2021
Location: Hotel Moscow
Layla's POV

Layla heard raining pouring outside as she opened her eyes. She looked to her side, expecting to see Tony, but he wasn't there. Layla started freaking out and sat up quickly, but then spotted Tony looked out the giant window overlooking the city. The snow from last night had turned into rain, covering the sky in a dark cloud. Tony didn't seem to notice Layla as she walked up next to him. She could tell that he was lost in thought. Gently, she touched his arm, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Hey, Toretto."

Tony blinked a few times before looking at Layla and smiled.

"Hey."

Tony's gaze worked its way back to looking outside at the down pour.

"What's on your mind?"

"Many things."

"Like what?"

Tony didn't answer for a moment until he took in a sharp breath.

"This......us."

That was one thing Layla didn't expect to come out of Tony's mouth. She tilted her head at him, waiting for him to explain more.

"What's wrong?"

"I just don't know about it."

"What do you mean?"

Layla's heart felt like it was breaking. She honestly thought Tony was about to say that he didn't know whether he was in love with her or not.

"I don't know if it's safe for you to date me."

He whispered. Layla realized that Tony was worried about his grandmother hurting Layla. She grabbed Tony's shoulders and turned him towards her. She looked at the bandaging that covered his chest, which he was trying to hide with the black jacket he was wearing.

"Of course it's safe for me to date you. Nothing's going to happen."

Even as she said that, she still had a slight worry that there was something going to happen. The bandages were a giant concern about what could happen to her. Even with Layla's reassurance though, Tony still had a worried look on his face.

"I know, but...... the Toretto family might not accept you. The Scarlett family will find a way to hurt you to try to hurt me worse. And then there's our racing family. How will this affe-"

Layla cut him off by grabbing the back of his head, pulling him in. She kissed him gently, hoping it would make him feel better about the situation. When they pulled away, Layla put her hand on his cheek, caressing it.

"Tony, you need to stop worrying so much. If something does happen, then we'll get through it together. You need to quit putting everything on you."

Layla paused and smirked.

"It's not good for your general health and you promised me you would take care of yourself."

Tony laughed lightly before Layla went back to being serious about the topic.

"I'm serious though, Tony. You're not alone. You have others that are here to help you. Go back to how you used to be and live a little."

Tony's gaze looked lost as he stared at Layla but nodded. Layla lowered her gaze to his lips and ran her finger over them. She slowly moved her hands to his neck and kissed him again, wanting to savor the moment. After they pulled away again, Layla took a step back and started walking to the bed. She glanced at her phone.

"It's 5:11. I probably should head back to my room before the others wake up."

Tony nodded. He used his crutches to get back to the bed to lay down.