Chapter 14: Gunfire

July 4th, 2021
Location: The Moscow Racing Arena
Layla's POV

Layla and the others went down the hall, trying to find where the man who took Tony came from. They were knocking on every wall, looking for a hallow one. They made it to the end of the hall and stopped, losing hope. Echo leaned against one of the walls on the left.

"This isn't working! How are we going to find T when-"

The wall caved and Echo went tumbling down the stairs.

"You okay, Echo?"

Shashi yelled down the stairs. Layla and the others looked down the stairs at Echo as she sat up, rubbing her back.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I think we found where the man came from though. There's a whole 'nother set of halls down here."

"Alright, we're coming down."

Mrs. Nowhere said as she started down the stairs with the others following. Shashi helped Echo up when he got down there. The crew observed the different paths down the halls.

"We need to split up. I'll go with Palindrome. Layla, you and the other two Toretto's go that way."

Mrs. Nowhere pointed to a hall to the right of her. She started assigning different halls to groups.

"Shashi and Echo will go that way. Cisco and Frostee will go that way, and Palindrome and I will go this way."

Everyone stood in front of their respective hall to search.

"Remember, Madam Scarlett probably has her men all over this place, so be careful. Call me if you find Madam Scarlett, Yakovich, or Toretto."

"Roger!"

Everyone agreed and went down their halls. Layla felt a little bit weird not having Tony as her partner, but she didn't mind have Cassy and Clyde as her partners. They quietly stepped through the hall. Cassy and Clyde were holding a gun in their hands. Layla didn't know if they were going to use them or not, but Madam Scarlett's men were probably armed.

"So, Layla."

Cassy whispered as they looked into a room with no one in it.

"Are you going to tell Ant how you feel when we find him?"

"Why would you care?"

Layla asked in a whisper as she checked another empty room.

"Because he's our cousin and you're the one who likes him."

Clyde said as he almost cat walked down the hall. He put his hand up and shushed the girls. Voices started to get louder as someone approached. Cassy opened the door to an empty room and motioned the two inside. Clyde, Cassy, and Layla hid behind the hall as they listened in on the conversation.

"Once we get back to America though, everything is going to change."

"I can't believe this plan is going to work."

"And the Toretto family will go down in flames because of the Madam's genius thinking."

"Let's get the rest of the supply loaded so we can get out of here once Madam Scarlett fools that Russian guy."

The voices disappeared again, and Layla let out a sigh of relief, but she concerned what the two goons were talking about.

"Sounds like Madam Scarlett is planning on going behind Yakovich's back, but for what?"

Cassy asked in a whisper as they left the room and continued down the hall.

"Who knows, but whatever it is, she plans on using it to kill the family."