Chapter 18: It's All Over

"Madam Scarlett, you're under arrest for murder."

Tony's cousin said as she slapped some cuffs on Madam Scarlett's bloody hands.

"Along with several other major crimes. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law."

And with that, Madam Scarlett was arrested. Tony was taken to a hospital for extensive surgery. Layla found out that the other man with Tony's great-grandfather was Tony's great-uncle Randy Toretto. Layla couldn't believe that both heads of the Toretto family came to California to stop Madam Scarlett.

Mrs. Nowhere was called to Washington D.C to discuss the details of the mission and their success. As far as the Spy Racers know, they're going to get a whole lot of new equipment from HQ.

Tony, on the other hand, was stuck in a coma after his surgery. During the entire time, Layla made sure to stay by his side.

"So, you two are dating. Why didn't you tell us?"

Frostee had asked while they were checking on Tony.

"Because of this. We wanted to tell y'all when he healed."

Layla had said as she stared sadly at her boyfriend.

About two weeks later, Tony finally woke up. Layla couldn't help but cry as she hugged and kissed her boyfriend.

Even though Tony had woken up, he stayed in the hospital for nearly a whole month. By the time he was discharged, he had gone stir crazy. He made Layla run while pushing him out of the hospital in a wheelchair.

Lucy was going to stay with Jake for a time until Tony was able to take care of her again. Meanwhile, Layla was the one in charge of taking care of Tony.

September 21, 2021
Location: Supreme Court
Layla's POV

Tony was required to attend the trial of Madam Scarlett. They needed his testimony against her along with Cassy and Clyde's testimony.

Layla and the rest of the Spy Racers decided to attend the trial to watch that bitch be convicted. Layla didn't like Tony going on the stand because of his physical health and the kind of problems Madam Scarlett might bring up.

Layla also wasn't sure why the case was being brought all the way to the Supreme Court. Maybe it was just that big of a deal. Madam Scarlett was a national criminal after all.

"I call to the witness stand, Cassandra Toretto."

The attorney's voice brought Layla out of her thoughts of doubt about the trial. Cassy walked up in front of the courtroom in a tight purple dress, fitting her figure perfectly, along with a professional jacket and black heels.

Cassy went ahead and sat down in the witness stand. The attorney started asking the obvious questions first, and then asked for Cassandra's perspective of what happened during their mission in Russia.

"We had gotten intel that Madam Scarlett was in Russia. We didn't know what for until we found proof that she was working with Aleksandr Yakovich and selling weapons to buyers. What we didn't know until we started looking for her to stop was that Madam Scarlett was plotting behind Yakovich's back. She was stealing the guns he stole from the Russian government. We tried to stop her from escaping, but she shot at us as she flew away."

"And what of the attack on your cousin?"

"We didn't know she was going to try and kill Anthony. I was with my boyfriend in Seattle when I get a text from my Great-grandfather, the head of the Toretto family, that Lucilia, Anthony's little sister, had texted him saying that Madam Scarlett was in California to kill Anthony. When Special Agent Tracer Toretto arrest Madam Scarlett, she was aiming her gun at Anthony along with his girlfriend, Layla Gray."