Chapter 13: Grand Race

July 3rd, 2021
Location: Hotel Moscow
Layla's POV

Layla was glad she heard back from Clyde. It meant that they were okay. Layla sat on her bed as she stared out the big window in her room. The storm she saw earlier was pouring down freezing rain. A knock at the door broke her out of her trance. She got up from her bed and opened the door. Frostee met her with a smile.

"Hi."

"Hey Frostee. It's midnight. What are you doing up?"

"I couldn't sleep. Why are you awake anyway?"

"I've been thinking."

"About Tony I'm assuming?"

"...Yeah."

"May I come in?"

"Sure."

Frostee walked in and Layla closed the door behind him. The two of them sat down on Layla's bed, not saying anything to each other. Layla got lost in thought again until Frostee's voice pulled her back to the real world.

"How do you think T is?"

"No clue."

Layla could tell that Frostee was observing her. She understood why. Tony was gone and she was really going through it. She didn't exactly know how to feel when this was the first time she had fallen hard for someone.

"Are you ready for the race tomorrow?"

Frostee asked, breaking Layla out of her thoughts once again.

"I guess. What about you?"

For the first time, Layla wasn't excited about a race like she was every other time.

"I don't know. I'm a little bit nervous about it, but I also have to be hopeful. Hopeful that we will stop Madam Scarlett and that T will come back to us."

Layla smiled at Frostee's words. He always looking on the positive side of things.

"Don't worry. I'm sure we'll catch them."

Layla assured him as he smiled back. He yawned and looked at the time.

"Well, I should go back to bed. Thanks for the small talk."

"Of course. Night Frostee."

"Night!"

Frostee left after smiling and waving at Layla. She stared into space for a moment before sighing as she turned off the light. She got under the covers and closed her eyes, not wanting to think about the next day.

Frostee's POV

Frostee could tell that Layla was basically lost without Tony there, but all of them were going through a hard time. Tony was someone to everyone.
A lover to Layla
A leader to Cisco and Echo
And in Frostee's case, Tony was like an older brother to Frostee that he could look up to.

As Frostee sat down on his bed, he was coming up with every scenario to find Tony and talk him into coming back to the crew. He couldn't imagine racing without Tony. Even though Cisco and Echo couldn't compare to Tony with the skills he has, it was always fun and interesting to watch him race with Layla and argue who won a race.

Frostee laughed lightly when he remembered a time Tony obviously won against Layla and never gloated about it to her like he always did. Layla thought he was sick, but in truth, Tony didn't want to make Layla upset by rubbing it in her face about a small mistake she made during the race. That was a time everyone knew that the two liked each other except them.