Chapter 17: Scarlett Blood

July 11th, 2021
Location: Tony's House (Simi Valley, CA)
Layla's POV

At first thought, Layla reached over to feel where Tony was. When she couldn't find him, she quickly sat up and realized that she was in her own bed in her apartment. Layla sighed and thought about calling Tony but decided against it when she thought about him still being asleep.

Layla sighed again as she got out of bed and headed towards the shower. Layla turned on the water and took off her clothes, looking at herself in the mirror. Her mind wandered to Tony again as she got in the shower.

During Layla's entire shower, she couldn't think about anything else except Tony. Recently, she's been having nightmares about Madam Scarlett taking Tony away from her. Yes, Madam Scarlett being loose was putting Layla on edge, but this was more. Layla would have to talk to Tony about it.

Once Layla was out of the shower, she decided to call Tony and see how he was doing. The phone rang, but no one answered. Layla bit her lip, trying to keep calm about Tony not answering his phone. Not because she thought he was cheating on her like a normal person but thinking that Madam Scarlett had gotten to him.

Finally, Tony called back. Layla hurried to answer the phone as fast as she could, the thought of Madam Scarlett calling her for the ransom for Tony slipping into her mind.

"Mm, hey Layla."

Tony yawned on the other end. Layla sighed in relief as his voice calmed her nerves.

"Morning Toretto. Why did you miss my first call?"

"I was asleep and finally woke up to my ringtone."

"You had me worried, idiot!"

"Layla, chill. I'm fine. I'm not going to leave you."

Layla blushed at his comment as she pulled up the towel around her body.

"I'm going to come over when I'm done with everything I have to do."

"Take your time, babe. I need to convince myself to get out of bed first."

Layla giggled at him as he yawned again on the other side. It was weird for Layla to hear Tony say babe instead of her name, but she strangely liked it.

"Please at least be out of bed when I get there, Hun. I'm going to get dressed now and have breakfast then I'll be on the way."

"Wait... You're not dressed?"

"No?"

"I mean, you could always come like that."

"Tony!"

"What?! What's wrong with wanting to see his girlfriend?"

"It's not that, moron! It's the fact that you want to see me naked!"

"Can't a man dream?"

"...You're insufferable."

"You love me and you know it."

"Yeah, I do. See you soon."

"Love you, babe."

"Love you too, Tony."

And with that, the two hung up. Layla shook her head as she put on her clothes. Layla brushed her hair and finished up in the bathroom before heading to the kitchen to make some breakfast for herself.

Deciding just to have cereal, Layla sat down at the table and turned on the TV to watch the news. Layla kinda just stared at the TV with nothing interesting on it until something about Russia showed up.