Chapter 51

<Megumin's POV, Crimson Village>
    "Mother...Father....I have some news to share of the most importance." I said as me and Kazuma sat on the floor in the living room facing my mother, my father and my little sister deep down I had nervous feeling in my stomach and it wasn't just cause of the baby or that I ate fried toad legs with yakisoba bun coated in chocolate before we left but for the reaction of my family about the news.

     Kazuma was looking at my parents a bead of sweat fell down his forehead, I knew he was just as scared as I was. I gently nudged his leg with my bare toes to say 'Calm down Kazuma, just say what needs to be said' but I was nervous he would mess up what we had planned to say.

<Earlier that day>
    "Say Megumin." Kazuma said softly as we were under the blankets enjoying each other's warmth from our body heat, I nuzzled my head against his tone chest and replied "I'm Megumin."

   He chuckled and poked my nose "Thats usually my response. Anyway, I've been thinking about something. We have yet to tell your family about our marriage or even you being pregnant, do you think they will react badly?"

    I instantly felt like I got punched in the crotch, I forgot to tell my own family?! "Well....yeah thats true but maybe we shouldn't?" I said sheepishly sitting up and playing with my hair trying to avoid the topic, but Kazuma wasn't dumb.

     "Is there a reason why you haven't told your family yet? Do you feel ashamed of me, or think that I'm not worth enough for you?" Kazuma said holding my hand.

   I got out our bed and padded my way towards the window and sighed "Its not that, I don't want you think that I believe you are un worthy its just, well..." Kazuma walked towards ne and wrapped his arms around my stomach and kissed my neck "Look lets just visit your family and ask them for their approval for our wedding."

<Back in Megumin's Family home>
     "Mom...Dad....oh and Komekko....you might be curious why me and Kazuma decided to come here without sending you a letter to alert you." I said as I felt my throat dry up due to the stress, but I tried to keep calm in this moment. Kazuma pulled at his shirt's collar and gulped, my mom and dad and sister all looked at us with intensity I was worried I may catch fire.

      "Megumin dear, whatever it is you need to tell your father and sister and myself is important to you to come all this way." My mother slid a cup of water towards me and I downed it swiftly. "Mom...Dad....Komekko....me and....Kazuma.....are engaged and.....we're getting married soon."

    Kazuma then spoke "And she is pregnant with our first child." Kazuma rested his hands on the floor and bowed with his forehead on the floor and spoke again.

   "Look, I may not be much I may not be like a typical hero who leads a mighty party to combat, nor have a well known name. Hell, my team is a rag tag group of loners who had no options; I have a crusader who can't hit anything with her sword, I have a thief whose own background is a mystery to me. I have a lich wizard, and I have two Crimson Demons your daughter and her friend Yunyun. I promise you three that on the blade of Chunchunmaru I will always watch over Megumin! This girl means the world to me, I first thought she was just a good wizard despite her flaw of using one spell." I gently punched his thigh but let him continue "But over time I came to realize that she is much more than that, she is a unique Crimson Demon whose heart and dedication to her magic makes my own heart skip a beat! I swear I will make your daughter/sister the most loved girl in this world! I will raise our child well and I promise this child will have a great life!"

     I began to tear up and looked to see that my own family were crying too hearing Kazuma's confession and they all tackled him and hugged him like wild animals. My father looked at Kazuma and grabbed his shoulder "You better keep an eye on my daughter! If you dare cause any harm to Megumin, you will face the wrath of- wait....pregnant?!"

     My mother spoke "Wait.....we're gonna be grandparents?!" Then Komekko spoke up "I'm going to be an older sister!?" I shook my head and said "No Komekko you're gonna be an aunt." Komekko gave me a confused look and said "Is that something tasty?"and I just chuckled and explained what an aunt is.