Chapter Nine

Once we get back from the park, I take a shower to get the nasty dirt off

Once we get back from the park, I take a shower to get the nasty dirt off. After washing my hair, I stand under the water, singing songs on the top of my lungs without a neighbor banging against the thin walls telling me to shut up. Mom had to drag me out because I didn't want to leave the warm shower and the great performance I was putting on.

I'm now lying in bed, in my night clothes and a robe, with my hair in two braids and with a silk bonnet on. I'm watching a show called Big Mouth. I don't think it's a kid's show, though. It's an animation; what animation isn't a kid's show? Besides, I watch Family Guy when my mom and aunty Rave are asleep. They don't want me to, but it's so funny.

When my stomach grumbles, I decide to order room service. I pick up the room phone and dial the number. "Room service. How may I help you?" A lady answers nicely.

"Hello, can I put in a food order for room 509?"

"Hello, Ms. Gray, yes, of course. Would you like me to read you the special, or do you have something in mind?" She replies enthusiastically.

"Oh no, that's okay. I know what I want. I would get a notepad because this is going to be a long long order."

"Um... Okay, one second... Go ahead."

"I would like two crab legs with extra butter and two corn on the cobs. Can you add a double bacon cheeseburger with an oreo milkshake with choco, light drizzle, and whipped cream on top? I'd also like chicken tenders with a side of fries." I pause for a second to think. "Wait, do you have all-day breakfast?"

"Yes, ma'am, we do." She replied, a little annoyed.

"Okay, so add French toast with strawberries. Also, an order of sausage links and a bottle of apple juice." I finished my order and waited for her to reply.

"Okay, I got everything. We will bring that up to you as fast as we can." She quickly hangs up, and I sit back to continue watching the show on tv.

There is a knock on the door, and I look at the clock next to me. "Well, that was quick." My mom is still in the shower, so I decide to go open the door. I know I shouldn't, but I'm expecting to see my food.

"Heyyyy, you aren't my food!" I address the three tall people in front of me.

"Angel?" One of them says, and they all glance at the security lady I met at Mom's job.

I smirk, "That's me. Fell out of heaven just for you, my queen." I bow, and one of them attempts to stifle her laughter.

Wait... I squint to get a better look at them and notice the one laughing is Valiana, Zoey's mother. When I look next to her, I see the woman I thought I'd never see, my father. That means the woman who I was practicing my skills on is... Olivia. That's why I kind of recognized her.

"Oh shit." My father and I say at the same time while staring back at each other. I know I shouldn't curse, but she looks exactly like me... or I like her.