Chapter Twenty-Two

"It seems today, that's all you see, is violence in movies and sex on TV!"

"Meylin! Please turn that show off," Rayden sternly shouted from the kitchen.

We are at Rayden and Oliva's house for the fourth of July and to be honest I'm not entirely sure how I feel being here for the first time. I ran straight to the bathroom less than 2 minutes upon entering their home. It then took 30 minutes of me changing into my bathing suit, splashing water on my face, restyling my twists into two dutch braids, and giving myself a mini pep talk to finally walk out of the bathroom.

As I make my way to the living room, I cross paths with Rayden going the same way. Her eyes give my red high waisted bikini a once over before a pleased look plays on her lips. I adjust my blue and white satin scarf on my head and maintain a steady gaze with her.

She's sporting an American flag bikini top with navy blue swim trunks that shows just enough to know she's packing. The shorts sit a little low, revealing her v-line and perfectly toned stomach. I give the same pleased look and am shoved by my best friend walking up behind me.

I glance back seeing Valiana coming from the same room as Raven. "You looking at what I'm looking at?" Rave whisperly questions and I follow her eye path to Valiana.

I scrunch my face. "Definitely not looking at the same thing."

"Whatever. My gal looks better." She chirps, skipping away.

"And Definitely not my gal," I mumble to myself.

I walk to the living room and plant myself on the couch watching Rayden walk in and take the remote, turning the tv screen off. "Malia, she shouldn't be watching this crap."

Before I can say anything about how we've been trying for months to get her to stop, Tyler walks in wearing red swimming trunks and a blue towel around his neck. "I tried to tell them that little girl shouldn't be watching Family Guy. But for some reason, no one seems to listen to me."

"Excuse me, but who is 'them'?" Raven yells from the kitchen, running into the living room. She was stealing food from Valiana's plate, and Tyler's accusation has riled her up. "Last I checked, I put a password on the TV. It's not my fault that this family has genius abilities and their little minion is a hacking fanatic."

"She gets that from me," Olivia chimes in as she breezes past, her tone whimsical and dismissive. Her words barely graze the conversation, but they make me smirk in response.

Raven begins referencing every time that Meylin has bypassed any locks we've set. Including ones we didn't set, like our neighbor's Wi-Fi when we couldn't afford our own.

"It wasn't a good password if an eight-year-old can manage to get into the app!" Tyler quips. "What did you put? 'How many years it's been since you've been laid?'" He chuckles at himself. "No it was probably, 12345, cause you're simple minded?"