Chapter Eighteen

"I want to thank everyone that could be with us tonight

"I want to thank everyone that could be with us tonight..."

The announcer continues their speech as the models behind the curtains run around like chickens with their heads cut off to get ready. The runway show that brought Meylin and me here to Miami is tonight.

While I love the opportunity, I can't help feeling sad that I'm not at the carnival with my daughter and Raven.

I glance out the curtain when I get a second to breathe. Olivia stands tall in an all-black suit, hair in a tight bun, and a mug that could kill. She's working tonight as well, so at least I'm not the only one left out of the carnival fun.

The commencing speech ends, and the curtains are drawn as the show begins. The models strut out with their best runway walk, looking gorgeous as ever. The line is full of color and pops brightly to the eye. As each model comes in one by one, the teams rush to get them into their next outfit.

The head of the line comes in, causing a ruckus, which is always the worst part for me. It's where they try to change wardrobe or makeup at the last minute. Heavens forbid they need a complete hair transformation at the last minute. It's easy when it's; unpin this, loosen this, but it can get entirely worse.

We send the group back out to walk, and I sigh, getting to breathe one more. Arms wrapping around my chest startle me, and I turn my head to see who it is but can't.

"Bitch I'm here to kidnap you."

"I'd know that voice anywhere." I roll my eyes.

"Of course, you would honey, I have the voice of a goddess." We both laugh, and I pull Tyler in front of me to give him a big hug.

"How did you get here? Why are you here?"

He gasps to my question, offendedly holding his chest. "Why? How rude." He smacks my shoulder, and I smile.

"I just meant I didn't know you were coming, Queen."

"Yeah, well, I missed my little family. And work was getting to be too much. I hired this new piece of ass in my club, and jeez, it was too hard to work. Like literally hard." He sighs, fanning himself.

My lip raises, and I grin, "Show me." He quickly pulls out his phone, and there is this handsome, tall man, curly dark hair and the perfect dad body for Tyler. He said he liked them chunky because he knows they know how to cook.

"So your type."

"Bitch! I know, right!"

"Okay, come one. Come on. Next set." The head of the line begins to shout again as the models make their way back behind the stage.

"Hold that thought," I tell Tyler before reaching my models to help with their wardrobe change. Thankfully I'm not by myself, and I have a crew helping. However, I have to look over every model assigned to me before the head approves them at the curtains. Once they are lined up again, I sit at my station.