Chapter Sixteen

A week has passed since the family dinner at Josephine's restaurant

A week has passed since the family dinner at Josephine's restaurant. Since Meylin stayed over at her grandparents' house for the first time, I've become more comfortable with allowing her to spend time there, surrounded by her siblings, father, cousins, and grandparents. Just the thought of all the family members I separated her from turns my stomach.

I lie in bed at the hotel, my gaze fixed on the ceiling as my mind races. I know Meylin is safe with the Reeds. They're not bad people, and their love for their own runs deep. It's just her infuriating father who gets under my skin. Her incessant, thoughtless remarks never fail to get on my nerves. Despite my annoyance, there's an odd charm to her pettiness that I can't deny. Unfortunately, it's a trait she passed on to her daughter, along with many others.

I turn over, my eyes catching Mey's Rubik's Cube on the dresser. Three sides are already completed, and I'm eagerly awaiting the day she excitedly exclaims, "Mommy, mommy, look at me!" so I can witness another accomplishment in her life. I let out a groan, missing my daughter terribly at this moment.

It's just different not hearing her sneak off in the middle of the night to play games, eat snacks, and watch Family Guy, which she shouldn't be watching. I'm not used to Meylin sleeping anywhere but next to Raven and me. Even in the shelter when they gave me a crib for her, it always stayed empty because I couldn't let her go. It was just us, a twin-size bed next to a person I would have never suspected would be so important in my life.

"Hey sexy! You trying to let me hit?" Raven says walking out of the bathroom after getting ready for bed. I chuckle, seeing her in a bonnet and a few dots of acne cream on her face. It's very rare she has acne but with the weather change and stress a few unwanted friends popped up.

"What's so funny, Mamas! You don't want some of this?" She says starting to body wave, pointing a finger at me. She has on an oversized Baby Yoda shirt with only underwear on.

"No thank you,  I'm good you can keep that over there." I tell her chuckling. One thing about Raven is there never seems to be a dull moment, and it's somehow always before bed. Even when Meylin is over, they'd always have a dance party to let out of the zoomies before lights out.

"You don't want me to get in your bed, Mamas? Come on. I gotchu, Ima give you this good pipe."  She deepens her voice walking over to her side of the bed with a limp, gripping her imaginary junk.

I giggle, using my body to cover the whole bed with my back facing her. "There's no room on the bed for you Miss. I decline  your offer."

"Alright, Alright, move over." She says, slapping me butt, and shoving it to push me away.

"Ow!" I shout, rubbing my rear. "Don't touch my ass."

"Shut up. I've eaten that ass," She smirks. "Come on. Move over. Or give me some of that booty, girl!"

"No!" I exclaim, laughing, moving away from her side, finally allowing her to get into bed with me.

She moans loudly. "This feels so good." She says, sinking into the mattress, pulling the covers to her face. "If you had made me wait any longer, I would have gone to the OG Reeds and slipped into bed with those goddesses." She confesses as she gets comfortable.