The barter

"Just about you, sir, your past, what made you so great, help of professor Dumbledore...just the likes" Tom answered smoothly.

"Well, regarding the magic, if you ask, it's hard work. Age is also one thing that matters, the more you experience, the greater you become" Abeforth started, taking a big sip of his drink.

"Other things are your personality. For me, I was kind of an excellent student if I say so myself. I would suggest if you want to become as great as me, Well I don't think you can, but you may of course try." Abeforth chuckled, getting drunk by the second.

Tom's eyes became sharp at his words, but one look from the Lockheart siblings cooled him down back to normal.

"What about professor Dumbledore's influence on you? I've heard that he's a few years older than you, and from experience, I can say that older siblings have quite an impact on younger ones" Jasmine asked boldly, trying to make him talk about his brother.

"Albus?" Abeforth scoffed taking a big gulp, "Yeah right. Bad influence. I prey one never gets a brother such as him. The associations he kept" Abeforth shuddered, making Tom smirk a little.

"No way, sir! What do you mean by this? I can't believe professor Dumbledore would be as such...he's a great professor, and looking at how kind you are, I'm sure he must be a kind person too" Tom edged him further.

"Kind person my foot." Abeforth grumbled. "The only reason I grew up this way is because I didn't follow him. And about his associations, Well that is a big secret" Abeforth leaned back in his seat, smirking a bit.

"Sir, I think this information would be vital for our personality development. Don't you think we should know what kind of associations we should and shouldn't keep in order to become a great person such as yourself?" Gilderoy spoke up, a sense of desperateness in his voice clear.

"I see you students are focusing on your personality a great deal...that is nice. But this information is really top secret, I can't give it away just like that." Abeforth smiled in a condescending manner.

"What if we offer you one excellent gift, sir. Would you be willing to share the information then?" Jasmine asked, the most solemn expression on her face.

"That will depend on the gift, miss" Abeforth leaned forward, glass of whiskey emptied long ago. Locking his fingers together, he leaned forward on the table, eyes sharp as he looked at the three. "What could you offer me that would make me give you this top secret information that no one besides me, Albus and the third person involved knows?"

"A set of mirrors." Jasmine answered, smiling, making everyone at the table confused. This was not planned at all, but it was good that Jasmine had something.

Tom and Gilderoy looked at each other and shrugged, turning their gaze back to Jasmine, who had her infinite pouch on the table.

Taking out two very normal looking mirrors, she placed them on the table.

"These are the mirrors I was talking about, sir. They connect, you see. When you call out at one of the mirror, it shows you the scene from other one. You can communicate through them. To normal looking eyes, it's just a mirror. For those who know, it's a means of communication. The distance doesn't matter here. No matter where you are, it will connect you to the person who has the other mirror. And the speciality is...", Jasmine smirked and leaned forward just like Abeforth had done seconds ago, "even if you break them into pieces it still works. You can break it into small pieces and distribute it to multiple people, and you can converse with all or any of them however you desire." Jasmine smirked at Abeforths curious expression and leaned back.

"Does this really work" Abefoeth asked picking the mirrors and examining them, doubt clear in his voice.

"Of course. I don't bring useless deals to the table." Jasmine shrugged.

"Are you a slytherin?" Abeforth asked, grinning a bit.

"Ravenclaw" Jasmine chuckled, bashful.

"Well, I like this. So I'll keep it. I'll tell you the secret. But make no mistake, do not let anyone else know about it" Abeforth warned, his eyes narrowed.

"We swear sir" Tom nodded sincerely.

"Huddle up then" Aneforth smirked, looking at them.
__________________________________________

Aha ha...haha
Sorry lol...
My brain stopped braining because I'm hungry.
Hope you are liking the story