05| tease

I've technically been awake for the past 20 minutes I'm just too scared to open my eyes or even move. The sun is beaming through the windshield and Wesley's hand is rubbing my back, which feels so good but shouldn't.

I told myself this summer I need to focus strictly on surfing and not settling down with some dude. This isn't technically what I am doing right now but we're definitely on the way there. I need to end this now. Forget about Wes and move on.

I can't get over how messy last night was, I probably looked like a psycho.

"I know you're awake Kennedy." Wes says out of nowhere which makes me slightly jump.

"Oh. Wes. Hi, hey. I'm so sorry. Thank you for last night I just had five too many beers." I say awkwardly laughing. The tension is extreme and all I wanna do is run out of the car and go home. But I rather deal with this situation then my Mom screaming at me for skipping.

"Seriously thank you but I better get going-" I reach for the door handle, but the click sound of the door locking cuts me off.

"I'm not letting you walk home, Kenny." Wes says strictly. Kenny? I like it. No. No Kenna we don't like it stop.

"Listen Wes, I'm already embarrassed about last night as it is, do we really have to drag this on? I just live up the street on Cove Drive its not that long of a walk." I'm practically begging at this point but Wes doesn't care.

His dark brown eyes are piercing me and the way the car is faced towards the sun, his face is glowing. He looks like a Greek god. He looks away uncrossing his arms off his chest and starts the truck. Please tell me he's going to drop me of here, drive off and never want to see or talk to me again.

But no he does the exact opposite. He leans into me, our lips inches away. I realize no matter the setting or our position he continues to tower over me. He slowly moves his hand across me grabs the seatbelt and locks it into place.

"Such a tease." I whisper under my breath. Even though my seatbelt is already fastened his face remain in the same spot. His breath covering my lips and his eyes staring directly into mine. As usual.

"Says you Kenny. You don't know what you do to me." He whispers back. The he pulls out of Carter's parking lot, where we've spent the last ten hours at least, and drives off.

"You don't even know where I live Wes." I say staring at the window arms crossed over my stomach. Those drinks from last night are not sitting very well.

"You just told me where you live not even two minutes ago, princess." He says back trying to hold back his laugh. Shit. I did tell him where I live didn't I. Just one more thing he knows about me, good job Kennedy.

Minutes later we are pulling into my driveway, there are only three houses on Cove Drive and it took ten minutes of driving in circles for me to finally cave and tell Wes which house was mine. I give him one last glance and a soft smile, which was actually genuine, because I dont know what I would've done with the whole Brecken situation.

"Oh shit. Here, sorry for the mess on it." I say handing him back his gray bandana. Which is pointless because he takes it and hands it right back to me.

"Keep it Kenny." He hops out and circles the front of the truck and opens my door. I can't help but carry a huge smile across my face, when he smiles back mine falls again. No Kenna. No smiling, no getting along or getting to know each other. No.

I take my things head inside and don't look back behind me. All I know is that he didn't leave my driveway until I was safe inside and the door was closed. Wes.

*

trio group chat <3

Elle <3 : hello? earth 2 Kenna wtf!!!! where have u been?

Noah :) : seriously ^^ didn't even see u at bonfire last night! who was the lucky guy who stole u from us?

Me: no lucky guy just got a little wasted and came back home :)

Elle <3 : came back home last night my ASS! who was the sexy surfer boy with the sexy surfer boy truck I saw pull out of ur driveway??

Noah :) : does he have any hot friends?!?!

Elle <3 : shut up Noah

Noah :) : we all know u were gonna ask the same thing Hudson shut up.

Me: u guys act like we don't all live on the same street. come over and stop blowing up my damn phone.

A few minutes later my front door swings open and Noah and Elle meet me in the living room.

"You look like a mess Ken." Noah says sweeping my hair up into a loose top knot bun. I just give him a faint sarcastic smile and pop some more mini M&M's in my mouth.

"Listen guys. Operation don't settle down is already turning into a shit show. I need to distract myself from the guy, who's name will not be said, because I will never hear the end of it from you two."

"Oh you mean hot surfer boy with hot surfer boy truck?"

"Yes Elle that is who I am talking about." I say back, rolling my eyes.

"You're going to have to tell us what happened so we can help you Ken." Noah exclaims, he's pretty much ultimate matchmaker when it comes to bouncing around a couple of guys.

I explain to them my entire night, Noah listening attentively and Elle asking a million questions and by the end of the story where we are now in present time, both of their jaws are practically through the floor beneath us.

"Kennedy Calvin you are SUCH a fucking TEASE!!" Noah says throwing his head back and uncontrollably laughing, Elle joining in. I give them the 'are you two done' look and ask Noah for advice on how to forget Wes.

Noah comes up with a plan to throw a small beach get together after my surf competition on Monday and I agree, because at this point I will do anything to get Wes out of my head. Anything.

 Anything