24| You Love Me, Shut Up

I wake up the next morning with a pounding headache and a call from my Dad. Definitely not the first person I want to talk to when I wake up but I answer anyways.

Dad and I have always had this weird love/hate relationship. He took his anger out on my a lot  a few years back, and I hated him for initiating the divorce. But at the end of the day, we realized we are all each other have left, so fighting isn't an option.

"Yo pops." I say whispering. I get out of bed and walk into the kitchen careful not to wake up Kenna.

"How's things son?"

"Things are cool, shops doing really good-"

"Listen Wes," He says cutting me off. Uh oh. "I know what happened with the whole cops shit okay? TJ told me, and honestly I couldn't give less of a shit as long as you're intentions were reasonable."

I let out a sigh of relief and put my phone on speaker, setting it down on the counter.

Kenna and I haven't really talked about meeting parents, I don't want to drag her into anything she isn't comfortable with, so I just change the subject.

"When do you come back again?"

"That's actually why I wanted to call you. Listen son, Claire and I really love Italy."

"Going to need more context than that." I reply confused.

"Well y'know we were looking at a couple places and found one we really like."

"Wait so what does that mean for the shop, and your apartment, and me?" Dad moved out once the divorce was final but Mom decided to keep the house in Malibu. Ever since she relapsed the house has been quiet and lonely as hell.

Having a place in Channel for the summer has been the best thing ever. Closer to the shop, Kenna, the boys, and pretty much everything else.

"Little early birthday present, I can have both in your name the second you turn 18."

I don't even hesitate to answer. Me officially having a place in Channel, would solve a lot of Kenna and I's problems so it's a no brainer for me. 

"LETS GO!" I scream out completely forgetting Ken is still asleep. My Dad laughs on the other end of the line taking my scream as a yes. We talk for a few more minutes and once we hang up I frantically run back to the room.

"Why are you screaming at 8 in the morning?" Kenna whispers sitting up from the bed. I rush over to her laying her back down feeling guilty for waking her up.

"Sorry baby, I forgot you were asleep. Listen I've got the best news." Kenna nods and waits for me to continue.

"Carter's and the apartment is going under my name once I turn 18 in August." I whisper.

Kenna's eyes search mine and her face lights up when she realizes I'm not kidding, and she tackles me into a hug laughing.

"Wes this is the best news. Like ever." Kenna exclaims, placing frantic kisses all over my face.

"I know I know. Listen I have to get ready for my shift, Lily called in sick. What do you want to do later?" I ask getting up and grabbing clothes to wear for today.

"Hm. I don't know I really wanted to do a cookout on the beach like everyone suggested last night." She replies standing up on the bed and holding her arms out.

"I'll make it happen." I reply smiling and carrying her to the bathroom with me. Ken bought me a bunch of face wash shit and I told her I'd use it but she doesn't believe me.

"How can you even go to work after hearing such good news?" Kenna asks giggling.

I hold out my hands and she pumps some of the face wash into them.