14| I Want All Of You

Wes and I have been driving all day, I asked him to show me all of his favorite places in Malibu. I insisted on driving even though it took 10 minutes just to adjust my seat so I could reach the pedals. I also don't really know my rights from left but he's been really patient with me.

"Okay turn right, here and we can get out and walk around." I give him a confused look and he grabs the wheel turning it towards him.

"Right is towards me and left is away from me Kenna."

"Why because you're the only boy right for me?" I say giggling taking over the wheel.

"Damn straight."

Wes takes me to all of his favorite shops as we walk down the Malibu Pier. Its around 4 pm now and I'm exhausted, I don't know how Wes has been okay with driving so much. The sky is filled with pinks and oranges waiting for the sun to set, and the weather is the perfect mix between a warm feeling and a cold breeze.

I let go of Wesley's hand when I feel my phone buzzing in my back pocket. My breath hitches when my Dad's contact picture fills the screen. Shit.

"What is it?" Wes says reaching for my phone. I pull away and shake my head walking away to answer the phone.

"H-Hello?"

"Where the hell are you Kennedy." My Mom yells. What a joke. She knows I wouldn't answer the phone if I saw she was calling, so she took Dad's phone. Which also means she's in Chicago with him, without me. Once again

"I'm at school." I lie.

"Don't bullshit me right now Kennedy. Do you think I would be calling you if you were at school right now?"

"Well Mom you don't really call me ever so how would I know." Wes comes from behind me placing his hand on my lower back. Mom is still talking but I tune her out, dropping the hand holding my phone from my ear. Wes grabs my phone hangs up and turns my head back towards me.

"Come here Kenna, lets go home and talk about this okay?" I drop my head to his chest holding back tears.

Nobody really knows about my home situation because I never bring it up. They assume because we own a house on Cove Drive and we have all of these nice thing that our family is picture perfect. When it's the opposite.

I never really got an explanation as to why my Dad stopped contacting me. He moved to Chicago a few years ago to be closer to his company's headquarters and pretty much left Mom, Riley and I here. For the longest time Mom begged to come with but he insisted on her staying.

"No Julia stay for the kids." or "No Julia you hold me back, I need to do this for the company." Lame excuses.

Wes and I walk back to the truck and we drive home in silence. As much as I really don't want to talk about my family situation, I know I need to. The last person I told was Brecken back when we were dating and that was a huge mistake.

The drive to Wesley's house feels like hours, silence fills the car and every now and then Wes looks over at me and asks if I'm okay.

Once we are in his room a wave of guilt hits me. I feel like every time I'm with Wes, he's hit with another one of my problems and it's not fair to him.

"Whatever your thinking about right now, stop. I'm here for you Kennedy. I don't care if you have no problems or 100 problems, I want all of you. Talk to me." My body melts to his words.

"Get comfy Carter, we're going to be here for a while." I reply patting the spot next to me on the bed. He sits against the head board, and I crawl between his legs laying my back against his.

Wes stays quiet waiting for me to talk first. "My dad is the one who got me into surfing, he was my biggest supporter. I guess you could say he still is because he still comes to every meet. Mom was always against it, not for safety purposes or anything, she just hated when attention wasn't on her. They fought a lot and eventually I think my dad just had enough. He moved to Chicago the day after my first Surf Summit a few years back and hasn't said a word to me since-"

As I'm telling Wes his eye are glued to me, never breaking eye contact, and never not showing interest. I talk for what feels like ever and Wes just sits there and listens. I really needed this.

Wes doesn't give me advice or tell me how to fix the situation because he knows I'm not ready for that yet. A while later I eventually stop talking and I drift asleep to the feeling of Wesley's hand running through my hair, just like I have since we met.

 A while later I eventually stop talking and I drift asleep to the feeling of Wesley's hand running through my hair, just like I have since we met