Chapter 134: A Night About Town

He came up behind her, like he usually did. He wrapped his large arms around her tiny frame and her heart started hammering. She got a flashback to the night they had first "met" and the scar from the scratch burned. It had never burned before. Then for some reason, the idea came into her mind that it wasn't her husband, but the psychotic hybrid who was holding her. Then the point where the needle had been started to scream in agony, followed by her now empty womb feeling especially achey. Like an empty stomach, but maxed to a hundred. It became too much and she started to squirm, fighting to get out of the hold, which seemed to be constricting more and more, even though she knew logically that wasn't the case. Sensing her discomfort he let go, and she jumped to the bed, back to the wall. She saw the worry on the wolf's face.

"Are you okay?" Legoshi asked, stepping towards her.

Another flash of Melon's face played in her mind as she saw the hybrid overlaid over her husband's. Even the horns made an appearance, twisting up between his ears.

"Legoshi I'm fine," Haru whimpered, holding up a hand to stop him. She was huddled on the bed shaking a bit uncontrollably with her legs folded up and held to her chest.

"I'm sorry," he said, taking two steps back.

"Nothing you did," she said, unable to look him in the eye as tears began to flow.

He took a few cautious steps towards her, which she was alright with. Then he reached out one of his large claws and took hold of her cheek. Another flash and the gentle caress became a forceful tear at her flesh. She reeled back, holding the spot and Legoshi just stood there as scared as she had ever seen him.

"I don't think tonight," she said, wiping her eyes.

"I'm sorry," he apologized again.

"Honey," Haru said, looking him in the eye as she stood up and reached out to hold his chin in her small hands. "It's nothing you did. I'm just not in a proper mental space for any kind of contact like that. Given what happened."

Legoshi's soft eyes hardened and started to burn with hatred.

"I'll be fine," she said. "I don't think you should come back at all tonight. Again, not you at all."

"It's not you either," Legoshi said, leaning forward with a quick kiss before turning to pull on a jacket, scarf before grabbing a muzzle. He stepped out onto the patio, gave one last look to Haru before pulling the muzzle over his mouth and climbing away to the drusk.

Haru collapsed back to the bed. Had that been too forceful? He seemed okay with it. Yet at the same time. He had left so quickly. She lay down on their bed, letting the water works go. She didn't even bother with the sheets as she fell asleep crying.

~~~~~

Legoshi kept to the shadows. As he always did. He was filled with a new burning hatred of the hybrid he was now hunting. He knew it had affected Haru, but actually seeing how it affected her made the drive tenfold. He jumped to a rooftop and crouched down on the ledge, looking out over the Drusk. He scanned the horizon, inspecting every rooftop and watching every movement. Anything that looked remotely of interest he would investigate.

There was a noise beneath him and he looked down to see two animals walk out a back door to a building. One was a tiger, the other was a moose, who had to duck out of the doorway. They were both dressed in plain hoodies and jeans. In all honesty they looked like stereotypical street thugs. All of their clothes were baggy and not at all properly fitting.

"Look man," the tiger was saying. "With the boss killed, now's our chance to make our move. Halsenberg would love to have territory all to himself and this is our chance to do something about it for him."