chapter 6

People are really stupid sometimes

I tell that to Aayushi and she tells me I'm a living example in response.

Classes are over and Aayushi and I are on the way to the gym in search of Nora when we spotted a bunch of trashbag bullies crowding over a girl.

Aayushi glances in their direction and jerks her head at them.

I sigh but follow her to see who got yelled at this time. We don't stop them unless they are our friends, but Aayushi likes to see the drama and I have to admit, same.

As we draw closer, I realize it's a girl, with blonde hair and-

Oh dang, who's so stupid to openly bully Athena right in front Aayushi.

Aayushi's eyes widen, and she swells visibly as Claire Jackson, the girl who is obviously leading this whole shitshow, leans in real close to Athena and shrieks, "I am giving you one last fucking warning, you slut. Stay away from my boyfriend."

Oh wow, how pathetic is that.

"He's my science partner." Athena protests in a small voice, "Do you want him to fail?"

Aayushi clears her throat, only loud enough for me to hear. I look at her and she eyeballs me fiercely. Basically she is throwing me out there.

I sigh dramatically. I step forward, adopting my haughtiest expression, ready for my part.

Claire raises her hand, to slap Athena probably, but I call aloud, smiling as if Claire is my best friend, "Claire! Girl, what's going on?"

Claire turns around, in slight confusion but her expression clears when she spots me.

"Artemis, this is none of your fucking business." She snaps, crossing her arms.

I laugh and walk closer. The crowd parts quickly as I move.

"Girl!" I say playfully, swatting her shoulder, "Why are you being so unfriendly?"

"Your best friend is trying to hit on my boyfriend. I'm trying to handle my own situation." Claire says violently, jabbing her ridiculous nails in Athena's direction. Athena looks mortified.

"Mm, got it." I say nodding my head, walking closer, and I give her a wide big smile, "Did you know that I recently got ahold of a really cool video? I want to show it to Jonathan."

Claire glared at me, "What video?"

I lean forward and pull out my phone and click play. When it's finished, I smile, it looks warm but it's anything but.

I turn to Claire, who is currently a bit pale, "Wasn't it cool?" I say cheerfully.

"How the fuck did you get that." It doesn't sound like a question.

I grin, "I have my sources."

"I-"

"Jonathan will be very interested, I'm sure."