chapter 15

Artemis

The drive back home with Adi was awkward. Not because I didn't trust him or because I didn't know him. It was more of having to put up a frightened act and lie to him, but because he knew me so well, it wasn't the easiest job.

I decided if I just appeared extremely frightened, he would drop it, and he did.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" He asks me for the seventh time.

"Yes," I pretend to mumble, "I just some time alone and rest."

I stagger out of his car, and pretend to hurry to my front door. I open the door and shut it, watching from my window to confirm that Adi has left.

When I am sure he has left, I stumble further into my home, yawning as I go.

"Dad? Are you home?" I call out into the darkness.

Silence answers me.

"Well, nope then." I mutter under my breath, not surprised in the slightest. He is probably at some strip club again.

Ever since my mother died in that car crash, my dad has been like this, well not exactly. For the first year, he was in a absolute mess, and he started to ignore me. After that, he just started fucking women and becoming a man whore.

Not that it bothers me anymore.

I shut the door of my room and pull off the clingy dress, careful not to rip my stitches.

It was tolerable pain, in fact, I had to pretend as though it hurt a lot to make myself look more convincing.

I had worse injuries before.

I pull off my half destroyed dress from my head and wrinkle my nose in disappointment, "Ah shit, this was my favorite dress."

Tossing the dress to a corner of my room, I quickly put on leather pants, a new clean shirt and tug on my leather jacket.

It's practical and perfect for where I am going next.

I unwrap an lollipop with impressive speed and suck on it, while my other hand goes to my phone.

I open my messages and move to click on someone's contact when I see Aayushi has left me around seven messages.

I frown.

It's not common for Aayushi to send me so many messages in a row but deciding I'd have to ignore it for now, I click on the contact below hers and begin to type.

Hey, the chocolate you gave me sucks.

Oh, really? That sounds like a you problem.

Im coming over to return it.

I'll be waiting.

I smirk and grab my motorcycle keys, the lollipop still balancing in my mouth. I toss my keys up and down as I stride out of my house.

The code words we chose were pretty stupid but at least the police couldn't trace anything suspicious.

...

Half an hour later, I arrive at my destination. A normal house in a normal neighborhood.

I slide off my bike and park it, quietly, seeing that it is dead in the night at this point.

I run up to the front door and knock, waiting impatiently.

A good twenty seconds pass before the door swings open and a tall blonde girl smirks at me, "You're late." She says, clicking her tongue.