chapter 7

Friday, it's my time to do my usual runs back at Harbour

I put on my most magnificent scowl as I climb in the den again.

I dust off my pants dramatically and straighten up, glancing warily across the room. I spot more girls in chains across the room, and everyone is busily minding their own business, drinking and guffawing their asses off.

I growl like a deranged animal, just to get in the mood, and march up to Harbour who is again, draped in girls on a low couch.

"Hello, I assume you're here to fulfill our violent entertainments." Harbour sneers.

"For once, this is is proof you actually have a brain sometimes."

He smirks at me, gesturing at the empty circular marked out area in the side of the den.

"Have at it."

...

An hour later and a lot of punching later, I have won the freedom of three girls.

I wipe the blood from hands, and glare at the cheering crowd as a men badly beaten up, by me of course, is being led out of the ring.

The deal is simple, five fights that I can win in a row will earn the freedom of one girl of my choice.

Fifteen fights today that I won. All in a row.

But now, I'm exhausted and I can no longer swing my limbs that forcefully.

"Want some more, girl?" Taunts a man in the crowd.

I ignore him and move out of the ring as a reply.

There is some booing from the bloodthirsty crowd but I ignore it and stagger out of the ring, but not as someone limping in defeat. More like someone striding out, full of victory.

It's all about the confidence.

But now, I need to get out of here.

I make my way to the exit but I am stopped by Harbour himself.

Harbour gestures me to the couches, strangely empty as everyone is at the ring, where I can see there is another match.

I reluctantly sink into one of the chairs as Harbour takes another and surveys me.

"Make it quick." I growl.

"If you keep doing this, I'm going to have no girls anymore."

"I don't particularly care."

"You do know, I am getting more girls just to make up for the ones you are freeing."

"You would already do so without me freeing them." I yawn.

He purses his lips, unable to deny it.

Disgusting.

I raise my eyebrow, "That's it?"