chapter 11

Aayushi

The past two days have been a complete wreck. I could still hear Giselle's mingled scream when she saw the body.

"That's my sister!" She had said, over and over again.

Athena was in a horrible condition too, sobbing for the most part. Artemis was surprisingly calm compared to the other two. At least she wasn't sobbing. She had cried a bit, which was normal, but she had managed to remain somber and quiet for a good 48 hours.

I, on the other hand, was in a state of shock. Nora was brutally murdered for one, she definitely didn't do that to herself. She physically wouldn't have had the ability to do all of that to herself before she died. But came the important question, what had Nora done?

I was a assassin myself, and I knew very well that people didn't get murdered for no reason out of the blue. Especially in a school. The killer must had been desperate, and in a hurry, unless they wanted us to find the body that is.

It left a few possibilities to her death, she offended someone, she stole from someone, she found out something that she wasn't supposed to, she was involved in some organization... and more. I sighed heavily, realizing there were dozens of possibilities not just a few.

I was sitting on my bedroom floor, since it was a weekend, watching the rain pound on the grass out the window.

The sound of my door swinging jerked me out of my thoughts as Adi came in my room.

"Can't you knock?" I ask irritably.

"No," Adi says smoothly, "Anyways, Ma asked you to come out for fruits."

"I'll come out in a bit." I reply shortly.

Adi frowns before coming in my room completely and shutting the door behind him.

"Yushi," He says in a low voice, walking to me and squatting down, "You got any ideas why Nora got..." He mimicked cutting his throat.

I shrugged, "Why would you think I know?"

He rolls his eyes, "Maybe because you are a goddamn assassin, that's why!"

"Wow," I deadpan, "I almost forgot."

"I know," He says with feigned heaviness, sitting down, "But it's okay, you don't need to thank me. Anyways, back to..."

"I don't know." I bit out, "but if you must know, she probably... got herself in trouble."

"I figured." Adi says drily.

"I have no idea." I admit darkly.

Adi sighs, poking me, "And Harbour didn't ask you for a meeting?"

"He did, but I postponed it."

"To?"

"On Tuesday."

"He let you?" Adi clicked his tongue.

I shrugged, "He doesn't have a choice."

"I heard from Nich that... you're on a important mission?" Adi asks slowly, as though he knows he's entering my red zone.

I freeze and stare in disbelief, "He told you?" I snap loudly.

Adi throws his hands up as though surrendering, "I don't know, man, he just said you were doing something important, that's it!"

"That bitch," I swear loudly.

"So?" He says, "I wanna know."

"You know better than to ask." I snap back.