chapter 9

"Adi, I need you to pick me up right now

"Adi, I need you to pick me up right now." I hissed at my brother through my phone, "It's urgent, like really urgent."

"I am at work, Aayushi, you can't expect me to keep ditching around to save your ass." His voice replies mildly.

"No its really urgent-"

"Chill, I'll get Nicholas to pick you up."

"What? No, no, you can't do that." I protest, sweeping my books inside my bag. I called Adi the second that class was dismissed for the day. I was still keeping my school bag even, as everyone laughed and talked around me.

"Why not?" Adi laughed, "He has to go there too."

"You don't even know where I need to go?" I try again, desperately so I don't have to be picked up by that person.

"It's kind of obvious," He says, amused. I can imagine him smirking and trying not to laugh too hard on the other end.

I scowl and snap, "Oh really?"

"Chill, I'm sure he's more afraid of you doing something to him." He snorts.

"Adi- I am not getting in a car with him." I insist, shoving my pencil case in my bag.

A girl stares at me and I scowl until she looks away.

"Aayushi, relax. I'll get him to message you."

"No! Adi!" I shout at my phone but he hangs up and I glare darkly at my phone.

"What happened." Artemis smirks at me, yawning, as she leans on my table.

"Nothing." I mutter.

"Liar, liar."

"Fine, I needed my brother to pick me up."

"Ah, guess he was busy." She grins up at me.

"Yeah," I sigh, pushing my chair in.

"So who's picking you up?"

"Nicholas."

She frowns, "That name sounds familiar," She trails off.

"Yeah, that guy we saw, Adi's friend." I grit my teeth.

"Oh!" Her expression clears and it turns sly, "Oh really?"

"No," I warn, giving her a look. I know what she is going to say, and I would really rather her not say it.

She grins at me, "Hmm..."

"No," I repeat, widening my eyes, "Don't you dare."

She raises her eyebrows and crackles evilly.

I receive a message from the man himself, backstabbing bitchy ex friend.

"I have to go," I say, rolling my eyes.

She lets out a crackle, "Okay... Have fun!"

I give her a dark glare and she keeps crackling as I walk out of the classroom.