chapter 46 - a new waffle house in town

Kaz was the first one to wake up in the morning, the sun was shining through the windows of the barn. Cara was still curled up around him sleeping soundly. He smirked softly as he stroked her head but his smile faded once he saw the scar above her eye. He traced it lightly with his gloved hand.

his guild came back but he pushed it down, damn it all he thought he would protect this person with everything he could but in the end he was her worst enemy. He removed his gloves, he needed to touch her properly not with his gloves. He ran his hand through her fur.

it was soft and shining in the sunlight. He could only reach up until her shoulders but e kept stroking her softly. Cara stirred for a moment and stretched in her sleep. Crawling a little forward until kaz's back hit the wall instead of soft fur and Cara had basically taken over his whole lap. Cara released a deep sign of content as she snored softly.

kaz could now reach her back as he kept on softly stroking the wolf's fur. After 10 more minutes Cara stirred again and opened her eyes. Letting them adjust to the light for a moment before lifting her head. She looked at kaz and nuzzled her head to his hand as a way of saying good morning.

"good morning love, glad you slept well after yesterday." Cara stretched once more while still laying down. Kaz chuckled slightly "shall we get up love? I have a meeting in ketterdam today." Cara turned her head to him and rolled her eyes at him. then she made a movement to get up but before kaz could get high of the ground she dramatically let herself fall on top of him.

she made sure to not fall over his bad leg but she made sure he wasn't getting up anytime soon. She was laying sideways over him now. She made let out a dramatic sign. She heard kaz chuckle. 'come on love, I can't lift you up." he tried lifting her up but she wasn't budging. She made a huffing sound.

"what if I promise I will be home early." She lifted her head slightly just so he could see but didn't stand up. "alright I will bring a present with me when I get home." That did the trick as Cara stood up getting off of him. Kaz chuckled again but before he got up a hand reached out for him.

he gladly took her hand as she helped him to his feet, she started dusting off his suit when he pulled her into a hug. "I am so sorry love, I would never hit you on purpose" Cara hummed as she buried her head into the crook of his neck for a moment. When he pulled back he rested his hands on her shoulders. Slowly he reached one of his exposed hands towards her face, running a thumb over the barely visible scar right above her eyebrow.

Cara could see the look on his face change as she could see guild fill his eyes. She quickly put her hands on either side of his face and brought him in for a kiss. When she pulled back she quickly placed a kiss on his cheek again before she made her way over to pick up the blanked and hand kaz his cane. "thanks love."

she smiled at him and they both made their way over to the house. "I will take care of breakfast so you can go take a shower first if you like" kaz said as they entered the hallway. "thanks babe" Cara responded as she quickly made her way upstairs before kaz had time to react to the nickname she had given her. somehow kaz was glad for that because now she couldn't see his cheeks turn bright red.

----------

After Cara had taken a quick shower and they both ate breakfast kaz informed her that one if the dregs would be coming by to bring more food and drinks as well as bring horse feed and bales of hay. Cara has seen where those were supposed to go so she said she would handle it. After that kas brought her in for one more kiss, it lasted longer than their normal kisses as he moved his lips in sync with hers until he ran out of breath.

He had put on his coat and left the house soon after leaving Cara to her work. First she decided to take care of the herbs field. She pulled out the weeds from in between the herbs and made sure the plants had enough water to grow. After she was done with that she went to the kitchen to wash her hands. While she was washing her hands the doorbell rang.

kaz had actually installed 2 door bells. One was hidden, that way when kaz would send over a dreg the dreg would ring the hidden doorbell signaling the people inside the house that it was somebody they trusted, if the 'normal' doorbell was rung they knew to be careful.

however when Cara heard the ding of the secret doorbell she already knew it was the dreg that came to deliver all the supplies. When she opened the door she was met with a familiar face, when kaz said he's send a dreg he could've told her it was going to be jesper and wylan! Jesper was the first who gave her a hug, wylan pulled her into a hug as soon as jesper pulled back.

"kaz told us to help you unpack all of this" jesper said smiling while he pointed to 2 carts, 1 full of food and the other one full of haybales and horse feed. Cara shook her head, she should have known kaz wouldn't let do a hard workers day in her life. She showed wylan and jesper where they could store the food and told them she would start with the hay.

Cara untied the horses from the carts and put them in a stall for now. She then decided it would be best to shift as that would make hauling the bales more easy. so she shifted to her monstrous form and pulled the cart to the back of the stable. She then lifted up the bales and started stacking them in the designated place. She was almost finished when wylan and jesper walked around the stable.

she picked up the last of the haybales and threw it on top of the stack before turning to them, she even towered over jesper. Jesper looked at her for a moment and Cara saw the gears turning in his head. She dreaded the question that was coming but she knew she couldn't do anything to stop it. "where did you get the scar from?" when she was in any of her shifted forms the scar became quite clear as there was no fur in that specific place whereas when she was her normal human form the scar was easily missed.

"its nothing" she answered jesper before she started pulling the cart back to the house, jesper was not convinced however and immediately followed her. "did somebody attack you? who did it? Let me put a bullet between their eyes for spoiling your pretty face." Cara turned to jesper while pulling the cart behind her. "leave it jesper, its none of your concern."

wylan had caught on from the look on his face and when jesper saw the look on wylan's face something clicked with him as well. "kaz did it didn't he?? Did he hit you?! I swear I will teach him some manners!" Cara felt jesper turning angry so she put the cart down and shifted back to human. "jesper it was an accident, he was going to hit a dog back at the heist but I jumped in front and he hit me instead, he did not even know he had hit me until he saw the scar. He did not do it on purpose, he never would." Jesper shook his head and Cara felt his emotions calm down. wylan took the word next changing the subject.

"nina actually invited you to the opening of her waffle house in town, she expects us early this afternoon." Cara's mouth fell open. "why did you not tell me sooner! I have to prepare something!" wylan chuckled as Cara ran towards the house beckoning them to follow before she entered.

by the time they entered Cara was already in the kitchen. "take a seat wherever guys, this will be done in about 30 mins." Jesper and wylan didn't know what she was doing at first but when the smell of freshly made waffles hit them they were quick to rush to the kitchen where Cara gave them both a plate filled with waffles. "your waffles are still the best Cara" Cara smiled at wylan who had given the compliment and quickly ate a waffle herself before she started packing the remaining waffles.

she also took a piece of paper and began writing down the recipe. After she was all finished the put the recipe in an envelope and put the wrapped up waffles in a big bag. "let's haad to ketterdam guys!"

------------

she rode next to jesper on his cart to ketterdam, they parked the horses and the carts in the new stable building next to the slat. Jesper had told her they didn't tell kaz yet that he was supposed to attend the opening as well, knowing it would be easier for Cara to get the grumpy man out of his office. Cara had laughed loudly and told jesper that nobody could get kaz out of his office if he really did not want to go but she would do her best.

when they entered the slat she winked at jesper before heading straight upstairs. She did not even bother knocking on the door before she entered his office. "how many times do I need explain that you need to knock before you enter my darn office!" kaz loudly stated without looking up from his papers.

"next time I will wait for you downstairs then." Cara said with a smile while she closed the door behind her, as soon as kaz realized who was actually standing in his office he was quick to lift his head. "Cara? What are you doing here?" he did not sound annoyed anymore but surprised instead. "well an absolute random dreg who came to deliver food to our house told me we are expected at nina's new waffle house in about an hour." Kaz lifted an eyebrow.

"you can go, I have to much work. The numbers don't match and its driving me crazy." He grumbled as he went back to his papers. Cara smiled she wasn't giving up that easy and kaz knew it. She walked towards his chair and stood behind him. she placed a hand on each of his shoulders and started massaging them, moving her hands so that she could massage his shoulders as well as the back of his neck." He wrote a few more things on his paper until he seemed to have given up.

"hmm that feels good love" he sat back into his chair. She massaged for a few more seconds before she dropped her hands from his shoulders and walked a few steps until she was standing next to his chair looking over the papers on his desk. She did not understand a single thig that was written on them, to many numbers that did not make sense to her.

she heard his chair pull back a little away from his desk while she was reading his papers and soon she felt his hands on both her hips. Putting little pressure to make her turn around to face him. when they made eye contact his eyes were soft, he was not kaz brekker right now, just kaz. he pulled her to his lap making her sit on his lap with her legs on the outside of his legs sos he was straddling him.

she saw lust form into his eyes as he held her side tightly, then he leaned forwards to press kisses to her neck. One of his hands moved to her breasts but before he could reach it she placed a hand on his arm pressing on it so he couldn't reach.

he pulled back and looked at her. "no touching now kaz, I will allow you if you come to the waffle house opening with me ... and remember the gift u were bringing me when u got home today." He growled and Cara almost melted and gave in right then and there but she kept strong and moved off of his lap.

"come on boss, do we have a deal?" kaz scowled and grumbled but when Cara reached out her hand for a handshake on their 'deal' he quickly took her hand in his and shook it. "the deal is the deal" .

------------

an hour after their handshake the crows made it to the waffle house. It was a beautiful building, windows on either side of the door and a big sign at the front that says 'nina's waffles' Cara saw through the window that the other crows were already inside so se did not hesitate to open the front door, a little bell rang as she opened it.

"Cara!" you made it! Nina ran towards her and threw her arms around Cara for a hug. Kaz who was closely following took a step back, he had no problems being next to Cara but human contact with other people was still not possible. but he didn't mind that to much as long as he could touch Cara without throwing up.

"I brought something for you nina, as an opening gift." Nina took a step back Cara walked over to a nearby table and placed her bag on top of it. She opened it and pulled the packaged waffles out of the bag giving it to nina. "oh I love your waffles! thank you so much!" nina excitingly took the package from cara's hands. "I have something else for you to." Cara said as she took out the envelope from her bag and gave it to nina.

"Matthias come here quickly!" the fjerdan basically rushed over from behind the counter and nina threw the waffle package in his arms so she would have both hands free for opening the envelope. She was so quick with opening it she nearly tore the thing apart but once she saw what was inside she screamed loudly while holding up the piece of paper like a trophy.

"thank you! thank you! thank you! I will add your waffles to the menu! Right away!" she ran passed Matthias who was still holding the waffle package for dear life and disappeared into the kitchen. For the rest of the afternoon the crows sat together talking about different things, telling stories to each other. They ate dinner in the waffle house before saying their goodbyes and returning to their own work.

once kaz was outside next to Cara he turned towards her. "I know I promised to be home early but I really have to finish the paperwork that you made me leave behind, as soon as that is finished I will come home" Cara smiled at him, she understood. "sure kaz, I will be waiting for you." she kissed him on his cheek not wanting to draw any attention to them while they were I ketterdam but kaz was having none of it, he couldn't care less if anybody saw them right now he would fight the world if they came after his girl. He quickly pulled her closer again with his free hand and pressed a kiss to her lips. "I will see you soon my love" he whispered in her ear before disappearing into the industrial fog of ketterdam.