18

The female rage that took home in my body for the last 17 years, had been finally released.  

That dresser now was a pile of beat up chunks of wood and hardware. 

The metal pipe was all dented and bent.  

I turned towards the gang, and slowly walked over. 

I threw the busted pipe at Dallas’s feet, who stood tall with a blank expression on his face, as his eyes followed my every move.  

"Damn, that felt good." I spoke in-between breaths. 

I took the lit cigarette that Johnny had between his fingers, before turning and walking down the street. 

I walked in silence all the way to the lot.  

There, I laid down on the ground with a cigarette between my lips, and closed my eyes.  

After a few minutes, faint foot steps approached.

They stopped right next to me. 

I opened my eyes to see Twobit standing at my side. 

"Why you laying on the ground?" He asked, as he sat besides me. 

I pushed myself into the sitting position. 

I shrugged in response. 

"Well, that was one hell of a show back there.  Remind me to never piss you off." Twobit let out a chuckle. 

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.  

Twobit pulled out a flask from the inside of his jacket, and handed it to me.  

"Here, this'll help settle your nerves."

I took a long drink from it.  Then, another... and another. 

My face scrunched as the burning sensation filled my mouth, throat, and stomach. 

"Jesus Christ." I coughed. 

Twobit smiled as he took a few long swigs. 

"Now, I think we should get ripping drunk and go watch some movies." Twobit chuckled.  

"Why do you want to do that?" I asked him.  

"Well, why not? And besides watching movies when your piss drunk makes everything a hell of a lot funnier." Twobit cocked an eyebrow at me, waiting for my response. 

"You had me at drunk." I laughed. 

Twobit and I walked to the drive in, and snuck in the back under the fence. 

We sat there, sipping the booze out of the flask till it was empty.  

We laughed obnoxiously watching every movie they played for the next three hours. 
We threw popcorn at people, and laughed until we fell out of our seats. 

We had a great time, until the workers kicked us out of the theater for the day for being a 'disturbance'.

Twobit and I stumbled back to the curtis house, arriving around 1 or 2 pm. 

"Where the hell have you been?" Johnny yelled at me. 

"Twobit and I went to the movies, why?" I asked.  

Johnny put his hands on his hips. 

"We've been looking all over for you! You can't just keep running off!" Johnny argued, before turning around and walking into Ponyboy's room.  

Ponyboy stood in the kitchen doing dishes. 

"Welp, I need a beer." Twobit smiled, as he went into the kitchen. 

I went to Ponyboy's room. 

Johnny sat at the desk in Ponyboy's room. 

"What was that about?" I asked him, as I sat on the foot of Ponyboy's bed. 

"I don't know, man.   I didn't mean to yell, I'm just stressed about tomorrow." Johnny rubbed his face. 

"It's alright, Johnny." I gave him a weak smile.  

Johnny reached over, and picked up the phone that hung on the wall next to the desk, and began to dial. 

"Who you calling?" I asked Johnny, as I stood up and walked over next to him. 

"Buck Merrill's place." Johnny whispered, as the phone rang. 

I moved my head closer to Johnny's, and he held the phone up right, so I could hear the conversation as well.  

"Hello?" The voice on the other line said.  

"Hey, is Dallas there?" Johnny asked.  

"Yeah, just go here.  I'll put him on." They said. 

A few moments later, Dallas picked the phone up. 

"Yeah?" Dallas spoke.  

"Hey, Dal.  It's Johnny, she came back to the curtis house just now.  I guess her and Twobit went to the movies or whatever." Johnny said.  

"Good, I've been looking all over this side of town for her.... she look alright?" Dallas said. 

Dallas was looking for me?

"Well," Johnny looked up and at me as he spoke, "she's sitting on the couch.   She still looks pretty pissed off."

I shook my head at Johnny's answer. 

"Soo... you still think she might like me?" Dallas asked sheepishly. 

Johnny smirked. 

"I don't know, Dallas.  You're gonna ask her that yourself.  I mean... if that was me... I'd still be pretty pissed at you. But then again, she's not me." Johnny responded. 

There was a small amount of silence passed, before Dallas spoke again.  

"Alright, I'll head over there now. I'll be there soon.  Just don't tell her I'm coming, she'd run away again." Dallas then quickly hung up the phone. 

"Why did you tell him I was here?" I scolded Johnny. 

"Cuz, he was really worried." Johnny replied.

I shot him a glare. 

Johnny smiled. 

"Now, do sit down on the couch and looked pissed off." Johnny laughed.  

A small smile crept across my lips, as the two of us walked back into the living room. 

I plopped down on the far left side of the couch. 

I sat there silently, with my arms crossed over my chest, waiting anxiously for Dallas Winston to show up. 

It felt like hours, but in reality it only was about 20 minutes before I heard Dallas Winston's foot steps on the front porch.