33

Twobit came home about a half an hour later. 

By then, his mother had calmed me down enough to where I had finally stopped crying.  

"Let's go watch some TV at the Curtis house.   We can drink a few beers, have a good time.   I promise, you'll feel a little better at least." Twobit smiled. 

He took me by my hands, and helped me to my feet. 

I gave him a short, small nod, before turning to his mother. 

"Thank you, Mrs Matthew's.  For everything." I said. 

"Anytime, dear.  You're always welcome." She replied. 

Twobit took me by the waist, and walked me out of the house and down the street. 

Twobit lit a cigarette for me, I guess I looked like I could use one anyway. 

"He's such a prick sometimes isn't he, ol' Dal?" Twobit spoke simply. 

I nodded in response. 

I was scared if I said anything, I would have started crying... again. 

The two of us quickly walked to the curtis house. 

I plopped down on the couch next to Ponyboy, while Twobit grabbed himself and I a few beers, before joining us on the couch.  

"Hey, kiddo! Thanks for helping Ponyboy with his and Soda's room!" Darry yelled from the kitchen, I think he was making supper. 

I looked at him for a second, giving him a small, forced smile, before my eyes went back to the TV. 

Darry brushed it off, as he went back to making supper.  

I drank one beer after another for a while. 

Well, until Darry cut me off because I refused to eat supper. 

I was to angry and upset to eat. 

I wasn't all that hungry anyway.  

Twobit grabbed his plate, and sat right back down next to me. 

It was dark out now, and of course that's when Dallas Winston decided to walk in the front door.  

Dallas walked over, and plopped down next to me on the couch where Ponyboy was sitting. 

Dallas placed his arm on the back of the couch behind me, and kicked his feet up on the coffee table. 

I shot Johnny a glare, who was sitting at the kitchen table with the Curtis Brothers eating.  

I quickly got up from my seat on the couch, and walked into the kitchen. 

I leaned up against the wall, and continued to watch the TV. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Dallas give Twobit a confused look, as if Twobit would jump at the opportunity to tell Dallas why I got up and stepped away. 

Twobit looked at Dallas blankly. 

Dallas got up, and strutted over to the kitchen. 

He walked over and leaned up against the wall next to me. 

Dallas Winston looked at me, blinking slowly at me, waiting for me to say something.  

I turned away from him, and lit a cigarette. 

Darry let out a quick whistle and pointed towards the door, signaling for me to 'take it outside'.

Jesus Christ.