Don't Judge Me

The day prior to the weirdest court case in history started out as any other day. And in your case, that means fighting giant machines with your lover and friends. Eggman was laughing maniacally as he harassed the citizens of the town with his giant moth robot. Sonic was chasing after Eggman with a giant, catapult-like contraption. "That Moth Bot is no match for my swat-a-pult." Sonic said, as he constantly swatted at the Moth Bot, which from your perspective looked absolutely hilarious.

Sonic keyed his communicator for the next phase of the plan. "Knuckles. We are code green for moth bait." he said. And so, Knuckles entered the battle, running around with a comically large lightbulb. "Hey, look at me. I'm having an idea." Knuckles said, as the moth was chasing after him. If it was an actual moth, it would make sense, but Eggman is supposed to control it. So why he designed it to be distracted beats you. "I need to model my robots after something that's not so easily distracted." Eggman said.

While Sonic and Knuckles were distracting Moth Bot, Tails, Sticks and yourself were on the Tornado, monitoring from the air. "Knuckles. You got a moth on your tail." Sticks said, as Knuckles turned around with the Moth Bot following close behind. "You can't trust moths. They read minds. TURN LEFT!" You would never understand where Sticks gets this information from. You watched as Knuckles turned left...slamming into a left. 

"NO. MY LEFT. Oh well, he's under the moth's mind control now. We have no choice but to destroy him." Tails already had a plan though. "I'll release the mothballs." he said. "Okay, fine. We have a choice." she said reluctantly. "WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" you asked, baffled by Sticks supposed determination to kill someone, regardless of whatever her reasoning is. Tails released several mothballs onto Moth Bot, disorienting the machine, and with one last hit from "swat-a-pult", it spun out of control and crashed. 

You watched as Eggman seemingly speechless before randomly... "Ow, my neck. You cheated, hedgehog." he said. Understandably, Sonic could tell something was up. "What? How do you cheat in a fight?" he asked. "Fight's over, cheater." he said before turning to his hench-bots. "Pull me out of this piece of junk. Be careful, I'm injured." Orbot and Cubot struggled to carry the doctor out of the wreck, seemingly back to his base. "Yes! Victory is mine." Sonic cheered. "It's a tainted victory." Eggman cried like a child as the three continued into the distance. "Yes. Tainted victory is mine." he said. Tails landed shortly after, to which you walked up to Sonic. "Are you sure this is a good thing? From the looks of things, I have a bad feeling Eggman is up to something with that stunt he's pulling." you said. "Babe, you're worrying too much. The only stunt Egghead can pull off is failing to stop us. And do you know why? Because we're awesome." Unfortunately, it would soon turn out that your suspicions were right.

It was lunchtime the next day. Sonic and Tails were sitting on a bench eating a ridiculously big sub, while you were minding your own business on the bench across from them. At that moment, someone walked up to Sonic and Tails with an envelope in hand. "Excuse me, sir. Are you Sonic the Hedgehog?" he asked. A weird question was all you could think since one would think that Sonic was a very easy to notice person. Especially in a small village of seemingly less than a hundred people.

"Ha, guilty as charged. So what'll it be, kid? Autograph? You want your picture taken with me? Maybe a bite of this comically large sandwich, huh?" Sonic asked with his egotistical tone. Turned out that this guy was after none of those things, as he handed the envelope to him. "You've been served. Doctor Eggman is suing you." he answered. Both you and Sonic were quite baffled by this, Sonic more so, since you had a feeling something was up with the doctor. "Are you sure you don't just want a bite of the sandwich? Most of it's going to go to waste." 

"One: I told you it was a terrible idea. And two: how is this a thing?" you asked Sonic. He simply shrugged it off. "I'm sure it's not a big deal. Nobody's going to take this seriously." Of course, this turned out to not be the case. Quite conveniently, the Soar guy from the motivation adventure quite a while back was on the scene reporting about the case. "It's the trial of the century that everybody is taking very, very seriously. This will ruin the life of whoever loses. Brought to you by Meh Burger." he said. 'Of course it wouldn't be news without some kind of capitalist agenda.' You gave Sonic a glare, basically saying "You had to open your trap."