Chapter 1: The Girl meets the Guy

My flight just landed on the Mumbai airport after being 20th in the queue just for landing and taking rounds in the sky to await our turn for landing.

My family resided in Gujarat but I had gone on a trip with my friends to Singapore.

   My father's business bought him to Mumbai and that's why I had flown there to meet both my parents for a 'casual lunch and dinner'.
I was totally drained because of the long flight. I could never sleep during flights because of turbulance. Also I had to always sit with a puking bag as I felt sick during any type of journey.

   I was too restless and just wanted to go home and sleep. Neither of my parents had time to receive me nor would they take the effort to do so.

I was dressed in an ink blue jumpsuit with my hair tied up in a messy bun. My eyes were puffy due to lack of sleep. I was holding a black coloured Dior handbag and a book that I was reading (I've got your number by Sophie Kinsella, one of the best books I have ever read) during the flight.

I usually carried books wherever I went. Books were like my best friends. I was bored of wearing my specks so I kept them in my bag (A total bookworm and that's why I had got spectacles due to excessive reading).
I got outside the airport near the waiting area after collecting my luggage to check if then driver had come or not. I looked around to check if any person was with a board with my name on it.

Beside me, I noticed the blissful meeting of a couple who was in the same flight as mine with their family and friends. About eight of them had come to receive two of them.

They were hugging each other and the joy of their meeting could be understood by the look on their face. That was a true Indian thing, just to receive two of them there were four times the number of people.(A typical Indian thing to come to receive your loved ones. I have also seen people coming with an entire musical band and dance when their loved ones arrive, totally crazy).
Families and friends are usually close knit in my country.
Since no one came to receive me, I felt a pang of irritation thinking that my parents had forgotten that I was going to come.
It was bursting hot in Mumbai and the jet leg made me loose my patience. If nobody came within 10 minutes I would actually rob an auto rickshaw and drive myself but I didn't know the address.

So I decided to call my mum and ask her if anybody was coming to receive me or I had to find my own way home if they had forgotten.
I called mum.
"Hello, my darling. Where are you?" she said in a pleasant tone.
"Did you forget to send someone to pick me up at the airport? I am waiting at the arrival area since 5 long minutes!" I said. Patience is not one of my pursuit. "Be patient my darling, I've sent someone special to pick you up. He is a very young and a handsome lad. You would be delighted to meet him."
I felt angry after hearing what she said. Was she trying to set me up with some guy? For heaven's sake I was barely 20.

I asked her sternly "Are you trying to set me up with some guy? Why so and? Is this something related to your business dealings and I would pay the price for it by being with this 'guy' your talking about!"
"Nothing like that, my dear.
He is the son of one of the top multi millionaire in the country and I just want you to meet him" she paused for a minute and continued "And get to know him better you know. His name is Raj Singhania. You must have heard his name although". That name did ring a bell.
Where had I heard of him and seen him?
OH MY GOD! It just STRUCK me. No, it couldn't be, no bloody way. He couldn't be the one I was thinking who he was.

And there he was, walking towards me. He was drop dead gorgeous. No wonder tons of girls fell for him. Well known to charm girls, the ultimate playboy.

He was willowy tall, with a wheat coloured complexion, delightful brown eyes like chocolate and an amazing body like one of those beautiful Greek sculptures (with a six pack abs visible through the tight fit t-shirt) and a turquoise blue body fit t-shirt and blue jeans hanging from his waistline.
I was gawking at him as he came close to me and stretched out his right hand and said in a pleasant masculine voice" Hey , how are you Miss Tina? How was your journey? By the way my name is Raj Singhania."