The Combat

The atmosphere around the camping area of ours had intensified ever since our arrival here . The battles with the Gandharvas followed it up with the mighty son of Indra showing up . And now his elder brother had provoked myself to enable him earn a free ticket to his father's abode . My thoughts drifted soon towards my uncle and my elder brother . Uncle and me perhaps have had the best of entertainment for myself obviously . While though a revered figure for me , my elder sibling deserved some sort of reality check too for having partaken the role of distracting element for the Gandharvas to act according to the plan of  my dearest uncle .

As I was engrossed in my thoughts , the younger brothers of the erstwhile emperor were mourning over the loss of their father figure . Grief metamorphoses into anger quite quickly and perhaps the same was to be expected from atleast the son of Vayu . His war cry brought me out of my world as I witnessed him marching towards me with a mace in his hand . Both Duryodhana and Dushasana were reveling in happiness along with the rest of the group for the removal of the biggest thorn in the path to kingship for the eldest of Gandhari . Hence they were inattentive towards the proceedings until the mad elephant rushed closer to myself . Before they could react our weapons clashed producing a huge clang .

The son of Vayu jumped over lifting his mace in air inorder to hit me . As his blow approached myself , I lifted the Vijaya Dhanush in my Hand up to block its path . The collision of two powerful weapons produced the metallic sound enough to tremble the strongest of the bravehearts . With a smirk in my face and a glint in my eyes , I rotated the bow swiftly to make him lose his balance as I made way for his fall . He regrouped himself quickly to attack again . I could have summoned mh mace but perhaps my mind was consumed with something else . Rules of war say that weapons of similar variety must be employed to make it fair and square.  But life had never been fair and I was literally done with following the rules in my last lifetime .

His powerful blows kept landing on my divine bow which absorbed it as if it was nothing . I used my agility to turn the tables by using my bow like a powerful rod hitting the bulky man in its natural rotation . Perhaps the usage of a bow like a stick baffled the robust son of Kunti who had to endure blows behind his back . Had it been a normal bow perhaps it wouldn't have hurt this much . This one was something really celestial manufactured by the father in law of my father . Perhaps even he wouldn't have ever imagined that I would be using it in this way instead of using my arrows . Every blow of Bheem proved futile while the ends of Vijaya had left many bruises over the his gigantic frame .

Bheemasena was losing his energy perhaps both due to physical and mental toll on him . His grip on his mace too had  loosened after heavy blows from the celestial bow . Taking this as an opportunity I rotated my bow to strike on his wrist hard enough to make him lose his weapon . The weapon less exiled prince now had his bare hands to take over the charge . He did his best to get back into action . However he wasn't aware that the beast  was waiting for him as well . As soon as the robust wrestler pounced on me , I ducked away tugging the end of my bow backwards . The neck of my younger half-brother was trapped inside the corner of the bow and its string as he fell on the ground with a loud thud .

Having trapped the whale in my ploy , I took over the role of the aggressor now . With Bheemasena tugged at one end of my bow , I pulled the other one making him behave as though a restrained elephant . This display of power was enough to express my authority over the remaining twins that would dare them from attempting a suicide thereafter . Using brute force I swung the powerful man circularly before releasing him as would an athlete throw a hammer . The mighty son of the Wind God flew miles away  crashing into the sacred fig trees , several of which uprooted instantly at the very impact .

The battered and bruised Bheema was however breathing despite the blow . His reputation of being the strongest one had however been thrashed by the one whom he had vehemently cursed in the past . Before he could rise again to regain his lost ground he felt heaviness over his chest . Taking long strides , I reached him only to humiliate him further . Thumping the notched tip of Vijaya Dhanush on the breastbone of the man boasting of the strength of 10000 elephants , I dragged him back . The tremendous pressure on the bony prominence made him wail in agony as the whole of the forest witnessed the ferocious of Pandavas being rendered powerless infront of a mere son of a charioteer.

Walking back to the camp with a trailing Bheema howling all the way I reappeared from among the thick woods . The very state of their cousin was enough to even terrify the Kauravas . The twins were  perhaps shuddering with fear ,  beholding their rock solid shield getting hauled so badly . I glared at them intentionally sending cruel smirks that made the weak hearted one of them collapse almost immediately . The other one despite being a physician himself had numbness all over his body as evident from his posture . He was shocked beyond limits to forget the means to treat his fellow twin . I however left the almost unconscious Bheema once I reached back to my space . The combat was something which they had started and perhaps I wasn't interested in the game anymore .

However my foolish baby brother took this reprive as an insult and charged at me moments after  I had relaxed . This was something that triggered me again and I summoned the infamous Yama Pasha . The noose of the revered lord of Death was something that even the gods feared and this arrogant Kshatriya had called upon his doom . The rest was the job well done by the noose itself which dragged the soul out of the son of Kunti rendering his massive body lifeless . The robust corpse fell with a thud and along with it crashed the hopes of the twins as well . The tiring day came to an end as my father took his leave inviting the darkness to take over .