The Encounter

" Salutations to the Great philanthropist of the era . It's God's grace that this poor soul has received this sublime opportunity to have a sight of your highness . " a serene looking Brahmin greeted myself during my prayers to my father .

" It's my honor to be able to serve you , o learned one . Neither I am a philanthropist , nor your highness for you o divine one . " I bowed before the brahmin to receive his blessings in response .

" Nevertheless ,  you are a king and a king shouldn't bow before any random soul , your majesty . " the calm and composed one advised me .

" Whoever else claims you to be a random soul is a mere fool , o knowledgeable one . Neither I am a king here . The pristine waters of Ganga and the energizing rays of the Sun are something that makes me connect with myself . Hence this poor soul is just thanking them for the eternal blessings that they have showered on me ever since I have come into existence. " my response derived amusement from the learned soul .

" You are really humble , o son of Surya . Then why is it that you seem to take offense from the lord of the Universe , child ? " the smiling legend was inquisitive about my motives perhaps.

" I have never ever done so , o eternal one . Neither have I even thought to do so yet . Hasn't your adorable one given you the complete account of what has transpired between us , Bajranga Bali ? " I defended myself without any expressions of malice .

" He has and perhaps even I know about a few things what had happened at Dwaitavana . But you could have forgiven them , Karna . I know that my younger one was quite abusive towards you and aggressive as well , but even you know that they were necessary for the establishment of righteousness in this earth , child . " the Incarnation of the Destroyer reasoned before me .

" Do you really think so , my lord ? If the tradition of righteousness couldn't be engraved deep into the society by the epitomes of sacrifice and  Righteousness in the preceeding era , how can these five sons of various Gods claim to be doing so , O Hanumanta ? Do you think they can match even the footnail of the seventh Incarnation of your adorable one ? " my questions left him puzzled .

" You are right , son . They can't be compared to my lord , Shri Rama . But they didn't deserve whatever had happened with them at the hall . Neither did the daughter of Fire . Hence they ought to have received a chance to redeem themselves . " Lord Hanuman pointed towards the injustice towards the Pandavas.

" Trust me , o venerable one , it has absolutely nothing to do with me . Neither had I any intention to harm any of them unless they decided to attack me . Their attack was uncalled for and hence it was my right to defend myself . The best way to protect oneself from a foe harming you without any provocation is to finish him off so that he doesn't receive another such opportunity . Wasn't this the reason why you finished off the demons at the Ashoka Vatika including the young sixteen year old of Lankapati ? " my justification probably caught him off guard . 

" It was meant to be , son . Akshay kumar was a brilliant warrior and probably faultless for his age and clan . I had to kill him as we were engaged in a great duel and I couldn't back out . At such a tender  age he had dared to fight with such proficiency . Had he stayed alive he would have surpassed his father and brothers in glory . Perhaps only fault would be in his stars . " lamented the Anjaneya .

" So now tell me o lord , how am I wrong if I killed anyone who attacked myself or my family ? Were the righteous ones right in supporting those who abducted faultless women ? Weren't they equivalent to those siding with the unrighteous Ravana ? " I pressed upon to make him visualize my viewpoint .

" But what about Draupadi's humiliation son ? Wasn't that an act of unrighteousness ? " countered the wise lord .

" No female deserves such a fate , be it a princess or a slave . But again , those responsible for it should have been  punished  for it , then and there to avoid any such thing in future . Had I been in their places , things could have been different. " my thoughts widened his eyes in surprise.