The Conspiracy

Having enjoyed my meal inside my chambers , I decided to roam around the palace for some fresh air . I wasn't quite sure of the directions and hence went anywhere my feet took me to . The first place that I chanced upon was the erstwhile Queen of Hastinapur who was obviously brooding over her past , having lost all her dear ones . Along with her was the lord himself really annoyed about something which probably I had some idea about .

" Your eldest son is becoming a menace day by day . You need to disclose the secret anytime soon aunt . " spat out my cousin .

" How can I do so , Krishna ? What will the world think of me ? And How shall I  answer the questions thrown at my reputation that I have built over Time? " a horrified Kunti expressed her fear .

" Look , if you do claim him and give him the position of authority of your eldest son , then you can claim back your almost slipping hold here , aunt . " Krishna reasoned before her .

" But you said that you can revive all of my sons back to life ." Kunti pressed upon her nephews words .

" I could have done that only if their bodies had been preserved . Two of your sons were burnt by their unknown eldest .  The third one though has a body but has lost his soul to him as well . " Krishna paused  , breathed a sigh to continue " The other option of revival depends on your eldest who deceived me by his wordplay . "

" What the hell !!! He tricked the eighth Incarnation of Vishnu !!! You want me to believe this nonsense !! " exclaimed Kunti in anger .

" He is something beyond explanation at present . I tried to sneak out using my intellect but he seems to be aware of our actions and probably has a few plans in action . I haven't yet used all my force but he seems to be someone who can force the game long . " lectured the great philosopher looking beyond horizon .

" Do something Krishna , if not for me then for your sister , for your friend . " Kunti sobbed in despair.

" Dau is someone who could use his brute force to get the thing we need now . Your son hasn't left any other option for us  . " a thoughtful Krishna remarked .

" Will Balram kill him ? " asked Kunti in surprise.

" Do you care ? " questioned the son of Devaki .

" Of course I do . He is my first born after all . " Kunti broke down before her nephew.

" Then why don't you claim him ? That would make things easy . " The son of Basudev nudged his aunt .

" Because I fear . I fear that he won't accept me . I fear that the society won't accept me . I fear that I will be ridiculed throughout my life . " The daughter of Shurasena bared her heart open .

" He knows . And trust me he doesn't look aggrieved . Though it's quite surprising and unpredictable for how long . " The Dwarikadheesha dropped the bomb .

" What ? He knows that I am his birth mother . Then why did he kill his own siblings ? Wait !! Was it about this relationship that he was referring to openly at the court ? Somehow the things got overlooked but then it isn't for long . " an astonished Pritha fell back from her position .

" And this makes him really very dangerous . If he himself reveals it to the world then imagine what would the consequences be ? Neither can you refute his claims nor can you demand any favor from him . The whole world would support him thinking him to be a victim and would turn you into a villain . " threatened the Incarnation of the Preserver of the Universe .

" Can you get back my other sons if Balarama executes your plan ? " Kunti questioned Krishna .

" If Dau successfully manage to floor him , which is quite likely for him , then we could revive all your sons . You have to sacrifice your maternal instincts once over again , dear aunt so that righteousness can prevail . " the mastermind had his say finally .

So a deep conspiracy was going on to get me out of the way . Nevermind , I would try something or the other to try and escape . However the Yadavas seem to be quite good in scheming . I moved forward on my way once again on whichever path I stumbled upon . This path probably took me to where the destiny had planned . As I was moving on the corridors , I could make out a battered and bruised wrestler running towards me from the opposite end . As he came closer , I  could make out who he was .

" Why the hell have you come out of your room ? Gurudev is really pissed off . He will cook you up alive if you come to his sight ." The bleeding Duryodhana forewarned .

" Duryodhana , my friend , now whom did you fight with ? Don't tell me that bull of Yadavas has tormented you with his mace . " I guessed seeing his state to which he nodded meekly .

" Where is he now ? What the hell does he want ? Tell me my friend . I can't see you in this state . " I commanded .

" He is in the arena with my other brothers . He wants you to be handed over to him so that he can have his revenge . But don't worry , we will handle him in phases . I have arranged a few chariots to sneak you along with your wives back to Anga . Once things settle down I will call you back . " Duryodhana tried to assure me as if I needed it very much .

" I am not going anywhere . Not when my friend is in need . If he wants me to be presented before him then I would be before him today itself . " I declared much to his worries .

" No my friend . You are very dear to me . I can't sacrifice you for anything  . I know that his strength is unmatched in the universe . I would take any step to protect you from him until I am alive . " Duryodhana resolved much to my annoyance .

" You have left him with your brothers , you fool . He would massacre them like mosquitoes . This respect and love all that you have for me is commendable but now let's take on him . Trust me , I will come back unscathed. " I assured him as I dragged him into the arena to face one of  the most grueling battle of lifetime.