The Fury

There is an old saying that humans never tend to change their personality . Same was the case with the only son in law of Hastinapur.  Being an eccentric and lust driven king nothing great could have been expected of him . I had anticipated him of commiting some of his well known heinous crimes in front of myself for which I would getban opportunity to get rid of that creep . But probably he was more eager to perish and hence abducted the daughter of a sage . The idiot that he is had made my job easy as perhaps not even his boon can save him now .

Sage Sthulakesha had arrived near our camping region in search of his daughter . From the guards I came to know about him being frantically searching for her ever since her presumed abduction . I personally went near him to greet the sage who despite being desperate for his daughter acknowledged my greetings with a mask of indifference. As far as I remember the sage from my knowledge of the past era he was the person who adopted the daughter of Gandharva Viswavasu and Apsara Menaka , both of whom had abandoned their newborn around his hermitage. Perhaps it's the same daughter whom he had been looking for .

I invited the sage to be our guest with the promise of helping him in all possible manner . I sent out a few guards to inform the Kauravas who immediately arrived sensing some emergency. However once the scenario was clear to them , they seemed to behave as if they weren't aware of anything . The weird expressions in faces of the brothers were both amusing and giving out the whereabouts of the abductor . Sage Sthulakesha, though unaware of the kidnapper had some inclination about the direction in which his daughter had been taken away because of which he had arrived at probably the correct place .

There was absolutely one man who wasn't here and had a small army guarding his tent . Perhaps the Saindhava had some idea of a possible manhunt against him justifying his actions . The troops of Sindhudesh were in a position not to even allow the crown prince into the tent as Duryodhana was in a state of conflicted minds.  He kept looking at me helplessly as I took things under my control . Summoning the Vijaya Dhanush ,  I took my position by stretching the string to maximum limits only to release it in the form of a terrible twang that blew almost the whole of the troops behind along with the tent which unveiled the vile man trying to force a lady against her will . 

As the curtains unfurled , the lady gathered some hope and tried to run away from the clutches of the king of Sindhudesh

As the curtains unfurled , the lady gathered some hope and tried to run away from the clutches of the king of Sindhudesh. But the arrogant son of Vridhakshatra wasn't willing to give up with ease . He got hold of the wrist of the maiden and pulled her towards himself establishing his authority over her against her will infront of her father . Sage Sthulakesha was furious at the demeanor of the Saindhava. He threatened  to curse him if he didn't leave her immediately. However the nefarious man only increased his grip over the waist of the damsel who was sobbing inconsolably in distress .  

Duryodhana requested him to let her go to no avail witnessing the wrath of the sage but this man had probably taken all of us for granted . However it was his ill luck that he had me to deal with . I lodged an arrow on my bow to quickly aim at his crown which went cruising past him to startle him . A momentary lapse was enough to release the maiden who ran for her life towards the safe embrace of her father. The startled Jaydratha grumbled about war ethics as he wasn't armed . Moreover he went further to show me my place in front of the so called born royal . 

Duryodhana thundered at the insult thrown at me while Dushasana was literally hiding behind rest of his brothers much to my amusement. Jaydratha however lifted his bow to defend himself. He had never faced me and perhaps that was the reason for his confidence to face the son of a charioteer. Before he could aim an arrow , one of my swift one cut through his bow . He took another one and this time I unstringed it from middle . He resorted to mace but the same exploded in his hands itself as I aimed one to perfection. Spears , lancets , daggers and swords all met similar fate as my arrows had started piercing his hands and forearms . 

The son in law of Hastinapur bewildered at his impending defeat looked up to thd Kauravas for help . But none of them dared to stop me as they had some idea about my fury towards their only brother in law . Duryodhana tried to speak something but I was in a completely different zone as I kept showering arrows to injure the vile man . In the last ditch attempt the Sindhunaresh, tried to threaten me with his boon that could burst my head if I cut his head off and made it fall on the ground . It was then Duryodhana's voice seemed to make sense as he wanted to protect both of us . But it wasn't meant to be .

With an unchanged demeanor and a widening smirk , I unleashed my wrath on the Sindhuraja . Each of my arrows pierced deep into his flesh and a few even stabbed him in and out . With increased precision as I kept piercing his soul , he seemed to realize that I had no intention to behead him . His eyes widened in surprise as he understood that I had found the loophole to butcher him till death . He started begging for mercy and even cited Dushala as his trump card . The Kauravas melted immediately at the thought of their sister whom they had sold off to this alliance . They pleaded before me to let him go for Dushala to no effect .

Having pinned the lecherous man on to the ground with my arrows stabbing him through , I let him go . The scion of Sindhu cried in agony with the punishment perhaps befitting a man committing the heinous crime that he desired for . The pain of hundreds of arrow piercing through the body almost trembled his soul and now he begged for death . Any person who witnessed the scene was terrified to their core as they saw me complying to the wish of the king of Sindh . As the sun went down the horizon I lit the pyre of the arrows charring the life out of his soul . The horrendous torture came to an end as the Kauravas were on their haunches while my wives having their head held high as I returned back . 

The sage and his daughter were grateful to me but were deeply affected by what had transpired here . The girl was absolutely terrified after the harrowing experience while her father was distressed with thoughts about the fate of her daughter . He was skeptical about the prospects of getting her daughter married after being touched by the pervert . Though he believed in the almighty , yet he was a father after all . With a heart in his mouth he approached me once again to save his daughter this time from a cruel fate . I didn't know what I could have done but accepting his wish seemed the only option then as I exchanged marital vows for the first time in the two lives along with the sage's daughter , Pramadvara.