The Challenge

The death of one's own is something that even trembles the heart of the Gods . The fear of the loss intensifies even more when you have a deep seated attachment with the one you have lost . This pain was something that the one of the Incarnation of the Preserver of the Universe had experienced in the preceeding epoch . And the same seemed to have repeated once over again this time for the cowherd of Gokul . Then it was the younger brother who was rendered lifeless by the son of a demon but this time it's his elder brother who succumbed to the son of a God .

" You could have prevented this , if only you had revealed the truth . " alleged Krishna as he stood shell-shocked besides his aunt who was literally in tears .

" But ... but you said that Balarama was enough to bring him down . How could he ...? " Kunti stopped midway as she saw me closing in towards them .

" He is not what he seems . " Krishna whispered in her ears as he kept glaring at me . " Perhaps your lust for blood isn't going to end too soon , Angraj " the contempt in the voice of the lord was evident .

" Perhaps this was something you and your aunt had wished for isn't it ? However the things turned out in a somewhat opposite manner . " I smirked at the duo making them widen their eyes in realization .

" What the hell have you done Karna !!! " shouted the Grandsire on the top of his voice . He further added in a reduced tone " Dwarikadheesha please have some mercy on the home of your aunt . Please don't let the act of this brat affect your relationship with Hastinapur. "

" Why the hell are you begging before this cowherd , Grandsire ? Haven't you seen the might of Karna just moments before . If Gurudev couldn't stand before him than what this lover boy of Gopis can ? " taunted my friend despite being sad about the death of his teacher .

" Duryodhana , this proves that all the devotion that you had for the elder brother of Krishna was a facade . You don't even have an ounce of guilt for his death or else you would have abandoned this friend of yours almost instantly. " chided the teacher of the Kuru princes .

" In that case we should abandon all of you as barring him and Aswathama , none of you came for our help when we were being bullied . You just kept standing in the sidelines while enjoying the show of the Kauravas being mauled . " Dushasana spat out venomously as Aswathama was caught in a crossroads between his friends and father .

" Dushasana , you fool . Is this the way to speak with your elders ? " scolded Kripacharya.

" For the first time in my life , I agree with brother Dushasana , Kulguru . Our whole clan would have perished today but for the Great Karna . " hailed Vikarna .

" Vikarna , at least I expected better from you . How can you support the act of this son of a charioteer ? " a displeased Vidura expressed his displeasure.

" Uncle , being the sons of maids ourselves , atleast we shouldn't mock the birth status of the unmatched Radheya . " uttered Yuyustu.

" Your very own eldest himself mocked the birth of the great Vasudeva , Yuyustu . Neither does he spare you when you try to correct him . And you are speaking in their favour . I don't believe your unwavering faith in these spoiltbrats . " a displeased Bheeshma commented .

" Isn't this the same what you do with Angaraja while being civil to the son of Devaki ? Whatever you preach is similar to what you should expect from your grandsons , isn't it President of Hastinapur ." An extra sweet Shakuni took a jibe at his eternal foe .

" That's enough . We should resolve this matter thoughtfully . Vasudeva Krishna we request you to be considerate with the matter as your elder brother had himself challenged Angaraja. " a worried Dhritarastra asserted .

" A lot of thanks for being so humble Hastinapurnaresh . Otherwise , here we have the blood relatives lusting after their own blood . " taunted Krishna coldly .

" Perhaps the one who was worried about the survival of God's more than his own siblings shouldn't say so . " I gave him back with a smile teasing the bereaved.

" You aren't aware of whom you are messing with Radheya . " Krishna's voice darkened .

" And you aren't aware of the fact that the game doesn't belong to you . The game is bigger than each of its player be it me or you . You can only stay  bigger and safe if you stay out of the game , young chap . " I returned the favors in a similar tone .

" Back in Tretya , some bunch of demons had messed with my family . Not only did I safeguarded them but also blew their whole abode . " threatened the man dressed in yellow .

" Never have you ever faced any of the one whom you would be dealing with this time , cousin . Fasten your belts quickly , dude  or else we are the ones who don't even spare the almighty . " the coldness in my voice accentuated by the growing smirk in my face as I stared back unwavering made the lord of the universe feel the heat this time around .

" Please calm down both of you  , Krishna and Karna . Whatever has happened shouldn't have occurred . Atleast we can try salvaging whatever can be done at present . " my desperate birth mother intervened as she felt the tension brewing between both of us .

" Just keep your son under your protection , aunt . He is inviting his own death . " muttered an agitated Krishna as he proceeded to gather the ashes of his elder one  .

" Fill the ashes in the vessel that you had begged for before me as charity . And keep some space for you in it as well in case another one of your ploys backfires . " I guided my younger cousin  before leaving the arena while whispering my final words in the ears of my birth mother " Your sons have been despatched to hell and so has one of your nephews . Perhaps the entire  Yadava bloodline of yours has destined its massacre at the hands of its eldest one . "