1

"So I think we need to add a little flair to the show tonight." Nick says as he gathers the crew into a circle to talk to us.

"How so?" Trent, my fellow backup singer asks. He brushes his hand over his freshly shaved head, his piercing blue eyes boring into Nick.

"Well, Summer In The Hamptons is a sexy right? I think that during the song Joe or myself should serenade one of the ladies a little bit. The crowd will go wild for it I'm sure." Nick smirks.

"I volunteer as tribute." Sarah says, raising her hand like a school girl.

She has an insanely obvious crush and slight obsession for Joe, and it was overwhelming sometimes.

I mean sure, even I have a thing for Joe. But I don't make it obvious... or known. At all. I'd rather die than embarrass myself the way that she does.

Joe laughs at her desperation and Nick elbows him in the arm, "I was actually thinking Ruby. Since she's at the end of the line towards the middle, it will be easiest with the way with stage set up." Nick suggests.

My lunch starts to make its way up to my throat. I swallow hard and nod nonchalantly as if I could give two shits. If it's Nick, I can sort of handle it. Don't get me wrong, he's hot as fuck. But he doesn't do it for me like Joe does.

"And since I'm in the middle, it will be me." Joe speaks up then.

Well fuck me.

"Psh." Sarah huffs from behind me.

The urge to flip her off is strong. But I contain myself. I'd hate to look more immature than she is.

"Sure thing." I shoot Joe finger guns, making him laugh.

Really fucking smooth, Ruby.

Nick claps his hands together happily. His idea is going to happen and he loves when his ideas happen. "Good good. We won't rehearse it because it should just be natural. But basically, Joe will come up and sing to you at some point. Just act like you're enjoying it."

That won't be hard at all, Nicholas.

"I'll try not to vomit, sir." I salute him.

A loud eruption of laughter comes from Kevin, making the rest of the crowd laugh. I grin and look at Joe, who is shaking his head at me disapprovingly, but a smile on his face nevertheless.

"Harsh Miss Ruby." Joe says as he walks by me, bumping our shoulders together on purpose with a smug look on his face.

Little shit.

I drag my long tired legs behind Trent, Sarah and Raegan back to our tour bus. The concert is in a few hours, so we have plenty of down time to eat and get dressed.

"Why does Ruby get to be the girl?" Sarah questions out loud as if I'm not right here.

"Probably because she's a ginger and her name is Ruby." Trent teases me, pulling at my long red hair. I smack his hand away aggressively and he pouts his lip out.

"Or because I'm the one that is in the middle of the stage, as they said. No other special reason I'm sure." I shrug and take a seat on the small couch, kicking off my converse and hugging my knees to my chest.

"You're not even excited about it." Sarah groans before going to the back of the bus.

Thank God.

"Oh I'm sure you are excited about it, you just never show any emotion." Raegan say's nonchalantly from the dining table as she scarfs down a bowl of cheerios.