12

I got back late from Nick's place and was able to sneak into bed without anyone hearing. I toss and turn, thinking of what I want to say to Joe when I see him today.

Sarah and Raegan are talking amongst themselves from the other room. I'm not sure if they even know I'm here.

"There's no way Joe asked you." Raegan says.

Well now my interest is peaked.

"Okay I asked him, but he said yes! Obviously whatever was going on between him and Ruby was nothing. They aren't even talking from what I hear."

"It's just dinner Sarah, don't get your hopes up."

Joe agreed to go to dinner with her?

"Oh I'm going to get my hopes up. And wear my best lingerie." Sarah giggles.

I'm going to vomit.

It's been what, two days and now he's just agreeing to go out with Sarah? I guess Nick was wrong after all.

I really fucked up. I should have talked to him right away.

As I make my way to rehearsal, I decide I want to talk to Nick first, and apparently he has the same idea because he waves me over as soon as he sees me.

He excuses himself from his tour manager and pulls me aside. He scans my face, waiting for me to show him some sort of emotion, but I don't.

"I talked to Joe this morning, apparently he's going on a date with Sarah." He says.

I nod, "I heard her talking about it this morning."

"He's just being Joe, trying to act cool and unbothered." He says.

I shrug, "I'm not playing games with him. If that's what he wants to do, then fine."

"I think you should still talk to him." Nick says.

"No way. So I can be rejected for Sarah? I'd rather jump off of a building." I tell him.

He shakes his head disapprovingly and before he can say anything else, the rest of the crew come in and it's time to start.

Nick pats my shoulder as we part ways. I stand beside Trent who eyes me suspiciously, "Are you good? You're paler than normal."

I watch Joe, as he smiles like his old self, laughing at something with Kevin while he flips his microphone around.

"I'm fine." I tell him.

'If you ever left me I would die... even the walls would cry.'

I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to stop myself from crying. The song always gets me, and Joes voice always sends chills down my spine.

But the real reason the tears want to fall, is having Joe so close yet so far away.

Nick glances at me, a frown on his face. Oh God, has anyone else noticed? I look towards Raegan who is also staring at me.

The song isn't even over yet, but I step away, and run by the boys to get the hell out of there. Joe stops singing abruptly, but I don't look back.

The back of the venue is nice. It has picnic tables, a gazebo, even a playground for kids.

I take a seat at one of the tables, watching a family with their children. The four of them are chasing each other around the swing set. The kids are screaming happily as their parents pretend to be dinosaurs chasing them.