Clean Em Up, Fix Em Up!

Lizzy POV
The morning sun was brightening on my eyelids from the windows. I yawned while stretching and rubbed my eyes groggily. Bryce was still asleep across from me. I rolled out of the couch and grabbed a pillow. A smirk popped on my lips. I threw it toward his head. He groaned tiredly, pushing it off him. "Babe! Wake up!" I said a bit loud. My voice startled him for a second before he yawned and stretched. Apparently, we spent the night asleep in the living room. Why? Our bedroom is getting renovated! We discussed the changes we want done to our room and people are coming to make it happen today. That's why we slept here because the room needs to stay spotless and clean. Bryce rolled out of the couch and rubbed his morning hair. "What time is it?" He asked tiredly. I tapped my phone screen. 8:00am. "8:00. Cmon, first we'll have breakfast and get dressed for when they come." I told him. He shrugged. "What's the hurry? They'll be here for one day." He said. His sleepy comment made me rolled my eyes playfully. "Three days babe. It takes time to finish a room." I corrected. His eyes slightly widened. "Oh yeah." He remembered. We walked upstairs and did our morning routines before getting dressed. The peacefulness soon ended once footsteps were heard. Hopefully, they cleaned their mess in the bathroom from brushing their teeth and washing faces. Last time I walked into bits of toothpaste splatted on the counter, bits of hair was in the sink and the mirrors were stained with steam. We came downstairs to the kitchen. I pulled out the box of buttermilk pancakes and began cooking. Bryce started making eggs with bacon. Freshly smells filled the air. "They're coming at 11pm." He reminded. I nodded. Herd of footsteps were heard once again as the kids walked in. We smiled. "Good morning!" We said in unison. They returned the gesture. "Morning Mom/Dad!" They spoke cheerily. I flipped the pancakes over and winked. "Hang on tight. Breakfast will be ready." I promised. The kids nodded. Bella smirked. "What's the special occasion?" She teased. Bryce scoffed, shrugging. "What occasion? Can two parents enjoy a weekend with their children?" He asked innocently. Jace looked at him in disbelief. "We're still the children you threw pillows at for disturbing your sleep." He said. Breanna chuckled and scoffed. "If it wasn't for your shouting duh." She joked. He playfully ruffled her hair. She growled while smacking his hand off. He smiled innocently. I shrugged and nodded in disagreement. "Nope! Just a lovely, lovely morning right now." I told them. Jace hummed and smirked. "Guess you don't mind if I leave toothpaste on our bathroom counter—I cut him off. "Some people are coming to renovate our bedroom. They're coming around 11 so all we need from you three is no whining, no fighting, no bothering them while they work. It'll take three days to finish." I admitted. "Is that why you slept on the couch?" Breanna asked dazedly. Me and Bryce looked at each other then back at her. "No." We lied in unison. The whole time Bella scrolled on her phone. I cleared my throat. "Earth to Bella?" I called. She looked up and sighed deeply. "Sorry. Rose texted me about missing Harry Styles concert cause of chores. I'm like, what's the big deal? Do the dishes and you'll have the weekend to yourself. The thing is she's doing them for allowance to buy tickets." She explained. Bryce finished cooking the eggs and moved to bacon. "Right! Doing chores is the best way for learning hard work. Especially keep the house clean." He agreed. I low-key snickered. "Goodie two shoes." I mumbled. Bella attempted to hide a giggle. He fake pouted. The kids were entirely confused. "Chores?" They spoke dazedly. He nodded. "Yes. Chores is actually cleaning the house. Clean dishes, taking out trash, vacuuming and doing laundry." He explained. Jace whipped his head toward us and groaned. "Aww man! We have to spend the weekend doing chores?" He whined. Breanna frowned. "That's so not fair!" She whined. Bryce smirked. "You'll also get paid." He told them. Their eyes widened. "Let's do chores!" They beamed, smiling. I put the pancakes on a plate as he brought the buttermilk syrup. We started making our plates including theirs. "Which one can we do?" Breanna asked. I hummed in response. "How about cleaning the dishes? Bella could teach you." I suggested. She sighed. "Try not to break anything." She sassed. Breanna smiled confidently. "Don't jinx it." She joked. Jace smirked. "And maybe you could vacuum your rooms. Who knows if there's dirt, dust or candy wrappers you step on?" Bryce told them. Jace smiled dreamily, rubbing his hands. "As long as I get paid." He spoke. I covered my mouth and laughed. Breanna sighed happily. "Can we go to the bookstore once we do?" She asked, the hopefulness in her voice. I looked at her in awe and rubbed her hair. "Maybe next weekend sweetie. Me and Dad need to be here for our room redecorating." I said. She's been really into reading lately which explains her grades. Bryce clasped his hands. "Now! Finish eating and start cleaning. They will be here any minute." He told them.

******

The kids finished the dishes and moved to vacuuming their rooms. People came for renovating our bedroom. That meant we needed to still sleep downstairs for two more days. No doubt noises of whamming hammers, moving beds, removing our belongings was heard everywhere. I admit, it was almost complete agony until 3pm. They finished the first half then will continue tomorrow. Bryce smiled, handing the kids's allowance to them. Bella squealed happily. "Yes! Yes!" She cheered. Breanna hugged him and sighed happily. "Can't wait for the bookstore!" She beamed. Jace cheered with his hands up. "Whoo hoo! New shoe collection, here I come!" He cheered. They looked at him weirdly. He scoffed. "A proud sneakerhead." He spoke confidently. We laughed including him. I smiled while rubbing his hair. "I'm excited to watch you on Stranger Things." I told him. He returned the gesture. "I've been practicing my script so much. I don't know but my character seem a little easy. He's just a lost boy, realizing he has a family." He said. Bryce smirked. "You just make sure to get enough sleep, eat good and learn your lines. Trust me I been there son." He added. Bella stretched her arms and yawned. "Same here. Being the main lead in a play." She agreed. Breanna squeezed his arm and smiled widely. "Bring me to meet Millie!" She squealed. Jace lightly hissed, pushing her hands off. "If I could keep my circulation." He muttered. I inhaled a deep breath. This is clearly been a day of cleaning. "Alright! Why don't we have dinner and watch a movie?" I asked. They cheered, getting off the couch. "Mom, what about your room?" Bella asked. Bryce sighed. "Me and Mom will have to sleep in the living room for two more days because they're still working on it. We'll be fine." He assured. They nodded in understanding. "Who wants to go out for dinner or grab dinner?" He asked. "Out!" They blurted in unison. We looked at each other and laughed. "Ok, let's go!" I told them. He knew where we'll go because it's where we celebrated a friend's birthday.