Chapter 17: Oh My God This Is Paradise

"Dad." I gasped. "What the hell is going on?" He demanded. "Sorry sir. I just really like her and-" "Shut the fuck up! I will give you five seconds to run before I beat the shit out of you!" Dad yelled. Dalton got up and ran. "Dad stop! Stop it!" I yelled. I jumped on his back before he could run after Dalton. "Get off of me Allison!" Dad shouted. "No! You are not going to hurt him!" I hugged him tightly. "Fine. Hey dude! You can come back! I won't hurt you!" My dad yelled. Dalton jogged back over. "Don't hurt my daughter you asshat." My dad pointed at him. "I won't sir." Dalton gulped. "Get off of me Allison." Dad turned his head. I jumped off, landing on my un-injured foot. I interlocked hands with Dalton. I looked at my phone. It was only six. "Want to go back to the bus?" I asked Dalton. "No!" Dad answered. "We aren't going to do anything." I groaned. "Whatever." Dad mumbled. Dalton agreed, so we walked back to the bus.

Jaime was on the bus with Mike. "Hey lovebirds. Did you make babies?" Jaime asked. "No Jaime." I rolled my eyes. We went to the back lounge. "Want to watch a movie?" I asked him. "Sure. What about Star Wars?" He asked. "Finally! Someone besides Tony who wants to watch Star Wars." I laughed. I snuggled up to Dalton as we watched the movie. I think we both fell asleep.

"Hey Dalton." Jaime shook us awake. "Yeah?" He asked. "We are leaving dude. You might want to go home." Jaime said. "Oh thanks for waking me." He stood up and stretched. "See you tomorrow?" I asked. "Yeah." He smiled. Dalton was sixteen, so he could drive. "See you later kid." Jaime smiled. Dalton left, and Jaime sat next to me. "You like him?" Jaime asked. "Yes! It's just, he lives in New York. I'm never going to see him." I frowned. "Well have fun tomorrow while you can." Jaime said. "Cuddle with me?" I asked. "Gladly." Jaime said.

"Dad? Hey dad!" I excitedly said as I ran into the house. "Not now Allison." Dad grunted. "Oh okay." I frowned. I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I threw my Dora the Explorer backpack on the floor and cried. Why doesn't my dad like me? I wanted him to take me to the father daughter dance. I held the piece of paper in my hands.

Father Daughter Dance!
Thursday at seven.
In the gym.

I wiped my tears and went back downstairs. "Dad? Dad!" I called out his name. Uncle Mike was there. "Uncle Mike! Where's dad?" I tilted my head to the side. "He is busy in his uh- room. Don't bother him." Uncle Mike said. "But, but, I want him to take me to the father daughter dance tomorrow! See?" I showed him the piece of paper. He crouched down to my level. "I'll tell you what, if daddy doesn't take you I will." Uncle Mike winked. "Really?" I smiled. "Really." Uncle Mike smiled back. It got quiet for a minute. "Vic! Faster! Ugh Vic!" A girl yelled. Uncle Mike started to laugh. "Who's with dad?" I asked. "One of his friends." Uncle Mike bit his lip to keep from laughing. "Who? Is it one of his lady friends? They always come over! They are so rude! They always promise to do things with me!" I stomped my foot and pouted. "Nicole! Nicole!" Dad groaned from upstairs. "Uncle Mike what are they doing?" I asked. "A game adults like to play." He looked mad now. "Why are you mad?" I asked. "Adults aren't suppose to play this game around kids." He raised his voice a little. Dad and his lady friend came downstairs. "Hey dude, don't call me over to babysit your daughter so you can have sex." Uncle Mike screamed. "Well it's not like I get any other time!" He shouted back. "Is sex the game they were playing Uncle Mike?" I asked. "Sex is a bad game. Don't say it or play it okay?" Uncle Mike said. "Yeah. Do you play sex though?" I asked. "What did I say?" He raised an eyebrow. "Don't say it or play it." I groaned. "I can't believe you're raising your daughter like this." Uncle Mike shook his head and walked out. "Daddy! Daddy!" I ran over to him. "Not now Allison." He snapped. "Will you go to the father daughter dance with me?" I asked him quickly. "Sure. Now go up to your room, okay?" Dad crouched down to my level. "Okay!" I cheered and ran upstairs. I had to pick out a dress!

I ran home after school. I ran into the house. "Daddy? Daddy!" I called out. No answer. Uncle Mike walked out of the kitchen. "Dad can't go to the father daughter dance. Do you want me to take you?" Uncle Mike asked. I frowned and felt tears at my eyes. "No. Can we just play catch in the backyard?" I asked. "Sure." He sighed.

I woke up with tears in my eyes. I hated remembering that moment. "Allison?" Jaime whispered. We were still on the couch. "Hey." I whispered back. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah." I said back.

--/--

I quickly got ready. I was excited to see Dalton today. I walked outside and waited by the entrance. People started flooding in, but I didn't see him. I texted him, but he didn't reply. He was probably just late. Maybe he wasn't coming this early.

I waited by the entrance all day. He didn't come in. I finally gave up. I walked to the main stage so I could perform. By the time I got there, the set was already started. I was up next. "So I heard that just last night a fan had committed suicide. It breaks our heart as a band because we met the guy yesterday. He was a cool kid. This song is dedicated to Dalton Johnson." No. He, he couldn't have. I walked onto stage with tears in my eyes. Dad hugged me and started to sing. I couldn't believe this. He, he was gone. He committed.

I laid in my bunk wide awake. I couldn't sleep. It has been like this for at least five hours. I lost him. I guess if we love something let it go right? I didn't love him though, we just met. I was falling for him, that's for sure.

A/N: 3 updates in 1 day? Omg!